Building cheap put moderate gaming rig

BonTenshi

That PSU he had first chose was rated @ 585W, but the 12V rail only had 18A which is way too little for a system with parts were suggesting.

My advice, tell your friend to stop being broke and invest more. If he wants a gaming machine with some quality parts, he's gonna need to dish out, plain as that. facepalm.gif

I agree. Even if it is a matter of waiting and saving. Logistically, the APU build I have set up is WAY WAY WAY better than the one you have now. The rebates will bring you into your price range, and you are STILL scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Seriously, save the money wait a couple more months, scrape some more dough together, and try to aim for a 600 dollar build. At least then it would at least have some sort of potency to it.

If not, I implore you to reconsider my build plan. It is not that I am an AMD fan boy, it is that you get to have the option of crossfire for easier upgrades down the road. At least choose the corsair PSU. You are really shooting yourself in the foot with this build, but at least take the PSU.

I agree. Even if it is a matter of waiting and saving. Logistically, the APU build I have set up is WAY WAY WAY better than the one you have now. The rebates will bring you into your price range, and you are STILL scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Seriously, save the money wait a couple more months, scrape some more dough together, and try to aim for a 600 dollar build. At least then it would at least have some sort of potency to it.

If not, I implore you to reconsider my build plan. It is not that I am an AMD fan boy, it is that you get to have the option of crossfire for easier upgrades down the road. At least choose the corsair PSU. You are really shooting yourself in the foot with this build, but at least take the PSU.

The OP wants a cheap gaming pc for his friend not a power eating quad fire set up with a side of fries

Relax on the power supply , the parts he buys are warrantied. If somehow his power supply blows up the neighborhood at least he can get his hardware replaced.

A little easy on the dramatics gang. :)

Edited by Kingfisher

The OP wants a cheap gaming pc for his friend not a power eating quad fire set up with a side of fries

Relax on the power supply , the parts he buys are warrantied. If somehow his power supply blows up the neighborhood at least he can get his hardware replaced.

A little easy on the dramatics gang. :)

Are you being sarcastic? Or do you seriously believe that?

I have yet to see a company support PSU failure related issues (other than ASUS) .

What is wrong with the PSU? Without rebate it is a great price, and with rebate it is an even better price. Plus it is a corsair 80 plus certified PSU. I mean how much more could someone want?

I have yet to see a company support PSU failure related issues (other than ASUS) .

What is wrong with the PSU? Without rebate it is a great price, and with rebate it is an even better price. Plus it is a corsair 80 plus certified PSU. I mean how much more could someone want?

I think I've explained myself pretty well already. It's not my money to spend so I won't huff and puff over components.

Agreed.

And why not get a better quality unit at a lower price?

I agree with Kingfisher, the op seems set on what he wants for his friend, so let him get it, it's his dollar.:down:

PS- I hope he does realize the mb he picked has no ide slot for an older hd and optical drive, but hey ,it's his dollar.:rolleyes:

Edited by SpikeSoprano

I agree with Kingfisher, the op seems set on what he wants for his friend, so let him get it, it's his dollar.:down:

PS- I hope he does realize the mb he picked has no ide slot for an older hd and optical drive, but hey ,it's his dollar.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it is his dollar. But are we going to watch him crash into a wall and not even stop him? All of us here want to help him get the most out of his money.

Yeah, it is his dollar. But are we going to watch him crash into a wall and not even stop him? All of us here want to help him get the most out of his money.

I'd say 5 or 6 tried to convince him and in mho he wants none of it , so if it's a bust who's to blame, not the people that tried to help.

The OP said him and his friend aren't going to do the mail in rebates.

I have only built one computer for a friend and that was a mistake one too many. Because if anything goes wrong, he's going to blame you. That's why ever since I built the system for my friend, I told him I'm not helping him with anything that goes bad. I build it with quality parts and now anything you do with it afterwards, is your problem. smile.gif

Trust me, tell your friend either to dish out more money, or learn how to start building himself.

this is your build for your friend man and all of these advice are from people who have been there. I maybe be new to the rig building but i can tell you now from everything i have learnt on my own and through this website and with friend i believe that the PSU is the heart of any system with out that power you can have problems.