neko77025

newegg has 7970 for sale NOW ...

Ooooooo you drank it

[ quote Silas13013] Apparently I am late to the party because I don't understand what soda has to do with anything. in fact, let me drink some right now :popcorn:

I think those in the know will understand SODA was a word I substituted for another thats not there any longer as per forum rules ;)

Edited by dling

Alright this is here for me in aus

Day 1 - all cards listed at $700 all with the same reference pick

A few hours later - a few cards get there own pics asus and msi and they go to 710

Today - now all cards have their own pics ect and the gigabyte and asus cards are $750 and msi and his are $730 while sapphire is still $700.

Seriously it's still really all the same card yet it looks like they've gone asus yes people love it it can cost another $50 (putting it $200 and what 35% more expensive than the states) the gigabyte card, oh look a pretty decal on the casing it can also cost way too much.

Well now I guess they then thought well we need those cards to sell now, oh I know msi and his now need to cost $730.

So I ask now how many days till the sapphire card goes up in price? 1, 2 couldnt be more than that :-/

Yup, you are definently being a fan boy now. Horrible driver support? Wow, just wow man, way to let nvidia pull the wool over your eyes.

Guess it's time to bring up the fact that amd hasn't released A SINGLE DRIVER THAT HAS CAUSED VIDEO CARDS WORLDWIDE TO FRY. And yet Nvidia has . . . 3 times.

That driver arguement is so half a decade ago when it was valid, now it just proves how unwiling you are to accept the truth that both sides are about equal and that makes you a fanboi.

For the last few years I honestly don't care if I'm running an Intel or AMD processor or Nvidia or AMD card as long as I get the most for the money I have which flip flops quite a bit nowadays.

For the last time people, THE DRIVER SUPPORT ARGUEMENT IS NOT VALID! DO NOT BEAT THAT DEAD HORSE ANYMORE!

Both sides have their successes AND failures every damned generation so to say one is better than the other is absolutely nothing short of ignorant.

W/e man, it's common knowledge that most games are favored towards NVIDIA cards and I used to be big with AMD too until I realized that I rather get the cards that my games run better on. BTW I would love to buy this card, but honestly I really don't see the point of buying another card that is $550 that only is 15% - 35% faster in games. Rather wait and see until both sides face head to head to their flagships and benchmarks, etc.

All about making your money go far, I'm with you on that buddy.

I bought a reference 5770, never again will I buy a reference design card, the fans are loud and don't cool anything.

I bought a reference 5770, never again will I buy a reference design card, the fans are loud and don't cool anything.

Discounting all reference cards just because you had one loud one doesn't make much sense...

Discounting all reference cards just because you had one loud one doesn't make much sense...

Well paying 10-20 bucks more a aftermarket cooler is always worth it.

I just want another 4850x2 lol

Quadfire is fun...when it works properly. :lol:

Well paying 10-20 bucks more a aftermarket cooler is always worth it.

Not when the stock cooler is both quiet and more than adequate. :P

I think I have one laying somewhere if you are interested

I have a 4870X2 laying around as well if Bosco's price is too high or he decides he wants to keep it. :P

Yes, that means there are three of them within reach of my desk. :lol: