newegg has 7970 for sale NOW ...

neko77025

Considering how fast the 7970 is compared to the GTX 580 and how much more efficient it is...they've more than matched the green team.

well good then, i guess, ...that being the case, i suppose it bears looking into...the teeter totter has landed back on the other side for awhile... !

I think those in the know will understand SODA was a word I substituted for another thats not there any longer as per forum rules ;)

Still don't get it :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Drink up!

Edited by Silas13013

I think those in the know will understand SODA was a word I substituted for another thats not there any longer as per forum rules ;)

Can we still talk about soda? Or is that faux pas after tonight?

I think what he means is when the GTX 7xx series comes out it will create competition and the HD 7xxx series prices will drop. It has nothing to do with who's on top, it's bang for buck.

Why are we talking bout a gtx 7xx series when there isnt even details about a 6xx one yet.

Why are we talking bout a gtx 7xx series when there isnt even details about a 6xx one yet.

Aren't they skipping the 6xx moniker and going straight to the 7xx?

oh, and :popcorn: MmmMMMm yummmmm :whoa:

Edited by _TheAlexO

I'm not being a fan boy. IMO I just would never spend $600 on a AMD card with horrible driver support. Also it's been rumored/confirmed that their skipping the 600 designations to the 700's but we'll see. dry.gif

hey Stonerboy i value your opinion 7970 or two evga gtx 560 ti 448

dont care about upgrade path just what faster

Edited by jdm_freek

hey i value your opinion 7970 or two evga gtx 560 ti 448

dont care about upgrade path just what faster

7970 hands down and that is before the driver optimizations that may squeeze another 10-20%

Better bang for buck 560ti 448

Better long run 7970 more vram and eventually why not go tri fire.

To all you Americans bitchin bout the price, say hello to Australia's lovely $700 Reference Model HD7970 3GB

Baah, thats nothing. One of the retails stores over here is milking the release ...

http://www.wootware.co.za/sapphire-radeon-hd7970-3gb-gddr5-pci-express-2-0-desktop-graphics-card.html

Just so you know, its currently R8.2 to a dollar. So 9468 / 8.2 = Wait for it ...

$1155 ???? Sorry, I am not that mad...