neko77025

newegg has 7970 for sale NOW ...

Even though the performance of the HD7970 is pretty good, but only within a few months, the green team will spill out their 700 series which will put AMD in their place.

It'd be a waste if your gonna from a GTX 580 to a HD 7970. Better to wait for what NV has to put up.

Edited by MJCRO

lets keep this PG-13 or there WILL be BANS....

Indeed. I didn't want to even go there...but alas, my hand was forced. :lol:

I'll behave.

Apparently I am late to the party because I don't understand what soda has to do with anything. in fact, let me drink some right now :popcorn:

+1 lol2.gif

Apparently I am late to the party because I don't understand what soda has to do with anything. in fact, let me drink some right now :popcorn:

DON'T DRINK THE SODA! :sick:

You mean like the famed GTX 3xx series? . . . oh wait. Don't be so sure Nvidia will win this round, they've been on the bottom before, very recently with the introduction and immediate removal of the 3xxx series and the the 88xx series after the ATI 4xxx series came out. Oh, also the 5xxx series.

Don't be such a fanboi, we will all see when the time comes.

I think what he means is when the GTX 7xx series comes out it will create competition and the HD 7xxx series prices will drop. It has nothing to do with who's on top, it's bang for buck.

This

Kind of lame. Great improvement over its own previous gen(60% or so over HD 6970 sometimes) but not much over the last gen's best (single GPU's, not dual).

...so does mean that amd is now getting close to being able to make a pretty good gtx580 ?...or what ?

...so does mean that amd now getting close to being able to make a pretty good gtx580 ?

Considering how fast the 7970 is compared to the GTX 580 and how much more efficient it is...they've more than matched the green team.

? They're only talking about soda... ;)

I think those in the know will understand SODA was a word I substituted for another thats not there any longer as per forum rules ;)