What type of Hard Drive do you have?

neddamttocs

68 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Hard Drive do you have?

• Solid State Drive
    • Mechanical Hard Drive
    • Hybrid Drive
    • Both SSD and Mechanical

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both

I have more mechanical drives then SSD's right now but that will change in 2012 I am sure.

You mean if those 480GB SSD's start costing less than $1000 each? :ouch:

Edited by NikoDG

I've got my two 128 GB SSDs in RAID 0 for my OS/apps/games, two 250 GB drives in RAID 0 for my scratch, virtual machines, temp space, and my pagefile, and two 750 GB drives in RAID 1 as backup/data storage. I also backup weekly to a network drive with a full system image.

My laptop (netbook, whatever) has a 32 GB SSD in it that houses everything and a 16 GB SDHC card for data storage.

My home theater PC runs a 1.5 TB drive as the OS/whatever drive with a shitton of external SATA drives in RAID 10 and 1. :P

So for the poll I chose SSD...since it's the main boot drive in 2 of my 3 most used machines.

Edited by Waco

Running all mechanical at the moment, I'll probably buy one this year.

If mechanical drive prices come back down as well I'd like to consolidate my 4 hardrives into and SSD boot drive and maybe another 2+TB drive instead of my current config.

Two 250GB drives, a 500GB and a ~2TB drive.

One 120GB Corsair Force 3 and a WD 1TB Black.

Works fine to date, the Black is a bit louder than I would like, but prices are kinda insane to even consider purchasing a quieter drive at this point.

Also: Yay Monday poll! :teehee:

Just HDD, don't really feel the need to have an SSD, and the prices are simply too high for me.

yup, thats where i'm at too...just hdd's until the prices come down and the reliability goes up....