thinking about upgrading speakers

htaed

Yeah ill grab it when im home but honestly i dont know if its got a model number that system was bought like 5 years ago.as like a all in one box deal i dont think the individualize each piece but ill look

they speakers will most likely ship today n it was free 3 day shipping so wed or thursday id guess

Edited by htaed

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok the sub model number is sw-p3600 bl. i looked it up and looks like almost any sub will be a upgrade haha. also whats your opinion of speaker wire gauge? my speakers are not run to far back probably like 20ft max im running 16gauge atm would if be beneficial to run 12gauge? or 10gauge? its not like its terribly expensive.

Edited by htaed

That Polk 505 is a big improvement over the Yamaha.It is probably the best bang for the buck sub in your price range.Compared to your Yamaha,the Polk has volume control,adjustable crossover,phase switch and auto on/off.The Polk should keep you happy for a while until your next upgrade.

As for wire,16ga will be fine.I Personally run 12ga for my fronts and side/rears.Normally would use 14 or 16 for rears but I am using an external amp to power them.

Look at Monoprice for speaker wire and interconnects.

Enjoy

Edited by Vooduu

That Polk 505 is a big improvement over the Yamaha.It is probably the best bang for the buck sub in your price range.Compared to your Yamaha,the Polk has volume control,adjustable crossover,phase switch and auto on/off.The Polk should keep you happy for a while until your next upgrade.

As for wire,16ga will be fine.I Personally run 12ga for my fronts and side/rears.Normally would use 14 or 16 for rears but I am using an external amp to power them.

Look at Monoprice for speaker wire and interconnects.

Enjoy

:withstupid: what he said

now if i do find that kilspch for that low price would you recommend that over the polk?

If you get it for much less once the Polk hits it's first sale at $180 even if the klipsch is $150 and Polk is $200-220 I would still say it was worth the extra $50-70.

ok cool thanks alot for the help should get the speakers on Wednesday excited to get them all hooked up. then the sub in the next few weeks after i get paid.

Not a problem here is hoping you enjoy them :cheers:

Pics of it set up and first impressions posted back here :P OK?

k will do its gonna be rough trying to figure out where to mount them sense they are bigger than my current speakers

Were are your current speakers now,on desk,speakers stands,etc?

I would stick with the Polk if you still want to stay within your budget.