thinking about upgrading speakers

htaed

thanks for the advice but i defiantly want a 5.1 setup i do have my xbox n ps3 hooked up to it as well to watch movies and play games on it and its much nicer with the surround. and yes with this sale i figured the same thing a new series soon but hey doesn't bother me a bit im sure they wont be so much better its worth not saving a good amount of cash. and i ordered the speakers today still did not order the sub. im gonna half to wait till next paycheck for that so hopefully its still on sale or im gonna have to do more shopping around. but newegg always has great deals so im sure i can always find something. what other type of options would i have for a sub around the $200 price point?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anywhere else you can lin me that you can buy from?

Newegg has pretty poor selection when it comes to their subs. Of what is there the Klipsch is best value and performance although you should be able to find better.

i just normally buy stuff from amazon or newegg or tiger direct/compusa. but i mean im not opposed to buying from anywhere online as long as they are legit. or even crutchfield.com but they defiantly are overpriced i seemm

After a little looking this Polk sub that is on a perpetual sale is what I recommend.

It is an old design and apparently discontinued but it still being made and sold at a perpetual sale point. it is worth the extra $300 on the klipsch and I have a feeling the Klipsch sub is going to go back up in price soon on newegg.

Although wait on getting the Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 as it has been down to $170 on newegg before and even lower elsewhere.

Not being in the us I don't get shown sites that may be selling it at a steal of a price but if you see it below $180 pick it up.

yeah thats if newegg ever gets it back in its sold out. amazons got it but its 285 that may be do able. and my receiver can still push those speakers and that too?

yeah thats if newegg ever gets it back in its sold out. amazons got it but its 285 that may be do able. and my receiver can still push those speakers and that too?

Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer

You are all good mate :thumbsup:

Either use the pre-outs on your receiver so you can use it as the master volume or use the sub out from the sound card when you get it.

I recommend the pre-outs on the receiver otherwise using tv xbox ect you wont get any sub at all. Just connecting it up via a RCA cable

On the back of the polk sub is the amp controls so you can adjust crossovers ect.

ok cool thanks sry im a gaming / pc nerd not to bright when it comes to all the audio stuff haha

It's all good but as I said wait till it hits $180 for some reason they have experienced big price hikes they were on average 200-250 tops all last year with prices dropping to those sub $180 prices in late nov and thru Dec but now in Jan they are way up.

Also if you ever notice the delta 1010 come on sale (if toslink doesnt seem to cut it anymore) don't hesitate you can always return it anyway. I am unfortunately possibly getting one for my htpc and it's going to set me back more than $200.

One of the 1010s i saw came with with crazy rackmount gear for like $450 but i saw the 1010lt for like 170 im at work atm i can provide a link later tonight

One of the 1010s i saw came with with crazy rackmount gear for like $450 but i saw the 1010lt for like 170 im at work atm i can provide a link later tonight

Ahaha that one well If you really wanted the gear..... Nah just the one I originally linked if it is cheaper elsewhere like ncix, tigerdirect, compusa ect I am sure you know what to do.

Any idea on a delivery time for your new speakers?

Also can't believe I didn't ask earlier can you grab a model no of your current sub/s? I can pretty much Harte Ty the Polk or even the klipsch would be better but it's good to see how much or if it will be a worthwhile upgrade in the future.