What is the best software you have used?

Black64

Zum..keeps your desktop clear

ClipGrab...download videos from urls..in multiple formats(mp3, mp4, flv, etc)

MSI afterburner.....OC's GPU...i hope you guys already knew that...:D

CPUz, GPUz, itunes, etx.

and for mac :D

Movist...a very strong video player....(stronger than VLC)

iRecordMusic...download any audio from the net

Any Video Converter....a very good bit of converting software

edit: my goodness...how could we forget photoshop

Edited by Il_napoletano

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zum..keeps your desktop clear

ClipGrab...download videos from urls..in multiple formats(mp3, mp4, flv, etc)

MSI afterburner.....OC's GPU...i hope you guys already knew that...:D

CPUz, GPUz, itunes, etx.

and for mac :D

Movist...a very strong video player....(stronger than VLC)

iRecordMusic...download any audio from the net

Any Video Converter....a very good bit of converting software

edit: my goodness...how could we forget photoshop

itunes?

2.Ninite, This is a website, that allows you to make your own exe file with software that you would need after you reinstall an OS. For expample you can put firefox, chrome and thinderbird all into one exe and install it in less time. Ninite.com (Free) Windows

Meh, you can only use the versions THEY have. I just pack all my user data into one "self extracting archive" with WinRAR. Naturally, some programs require a registry key. But you can either make one or just install that program seperately. I have about 130 programs on my computer right now, and every so often I extract my archive and recompress all the new data overnight. One click puts everything back in it's place.

As for my favorite programs: Adobe Premeire CS5.5, WinRAR, Google Chrome, WBFS Manager and WiiBackupManager x64 (for my wii back-ups), Handbrake, and Auslogics Boost Speed.

I probably use WinRAR as much as any other program.. Something so simple can be key to just about everything: Especially managing backups and space, and avoiding the hassle of using "windows backup" or some other over-hyped junk.

Bump for second method:

You can also pack installers into an archive. Won't compress much space, but will make sure none of them get lost. And drivers, yep you can back them up too. You can back up almost everything on your PC with WinRAR and save a lot of space doing it, too. I don't believe in programs like Ninite, because sure you can have that installer.. But then you've also got to spend hours updating as they're most recent version of itunes is years old.

Bump for second method:

You can also pack installers into an archive. Won't compress much space, but will make sure none of them get lost. And drivers, yep you can back them up too. You can back up almost everything on your PC with WinRAR and save a lot of space doing it, too. I don't believe in programs like Ninite, because sure you can have that installer.. But then you've also got to spend hours updating as they're most recent version of itunes is years old.

Did you actually test it? I'm just curious because the site says they use the latest available installers.

Personally, Ninite wouldn't work well for me because I use certain versions of certain software. For example, I'm still on Firefox 4 or an older version of Winamp due to customization and optimization. You'd think software would be better optimized in later versions but I guess software creators don't see it that way. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Did you actually test it? I'm just curious because the site says they use the latest available installers.

Personally, Ninite wouldn't work well for me because I use certain versions of certain software. For example, I'm still on Firefox 4 or an older version of Winamp due to customization and optimization. You'd think software would be better optimized in later versions but I guess software creators don't see it that way. :lol:

Yeah I tested it. The version of iTunes they had was several years old.

I think that the best software program EVER is Microsoft Excel..................it has a pretty good user interface, but it is really very good at interpreting your intentions when you grab a couple cells and then "pull them" using the little cross on the lower right corner of the cell............many times it seems to know how to expand the series, and if it doesn't know it offers easy selections to get what you desired. Also, VISIO is a close second place.

I'm not necessarily a Microsoft fan-boy, but I have to give them proper credit for both of these excellent programs.

I am going to agree with Excel and VLC. Also in love with Boxee for painless HTPC streaming, and if you have multiple monitors, I recommend UltraMon.