So I tried to write a helpful review at Newegg...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I've been researching on what RAM I want upgrade to I've scrolled over those G. Skill snipers, but I've they never appealed to me. I've confirmed that when a RAM upgrade is in budget I plan on getting some Mushkin, as they seem to make some really kick-butt RAM.

By the way, my Patriot 'Sector 5' 1600Mhz RAM I'm using now is rated at 1.65v but I'm running it at 1.658v. Is that a problem? Does it make the CPU more unstable? Or is + .008v within the threshold of 1.65v? You seemed concerned about that so I thought I might ask.

Edited by momosmokey

My favorite bit...

El_Capitain getting told of for not knowing what he is doing when overclocking :rofl::lol:

Not only that been told of by someone writing reviews on newegg :D

The guy was just an idiot. Seriously, what part of NOT STABLE AS ADVERTISED did the guy not understand?

When I've been researching on what RAM I want upgrade to I've scrolled over those G. Skill snipers, but I've they never appealed to me. I've confirmed that when a RAM upgrade is in budget I plan on getting some Mushkin, as they seem to make some really kick-butt RAM.

By the way, my Patriot 'Sector 5' 1600Mhz RAM I'm using now is rated at 1.65v but I'm running it at 1.658v. Is that a problem? Does it make the CPU more unstable? Or is + .008v within the threshold of 1.65v? You seemed concerned about that so I thought I might ask.

1.658 is fine on a LGA 1156 CPU. It LGA1155 SB CPU's that say dont go over 1.58v or whatever.

You're golden!