Cheap Build (Again)

Rray

Phenom is better in theory. Just raise the multiplier.

I would say to get windows 7 as cheap as you can possibly get it :ph34r:;):ph34r: . Enough of this goody goody bull crap, everyone does it, why can't you or I get away with it too?

If you do want to buy it though, there are a couple of ways you can get multiple computers licensed. You could torrent windows XP and install it on all your PCs, and then you could get the windows 7 family pack. Now this licenses three computers, but they need some sort of windows OS on it already because it is an upgrade only version. So you need something on there to upgrade from. Now this reduces the cost by some since you are buying in bulk and you aren't wasting money on a full version.

Agreed. FX CPU flat out sucks.

Well... No one said you can't get away with it. But keep in mind, if you are planning to do something illegal please do not announce it to the world because it is not very smart to do so. :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested about that Windows 7 Family Pack thing. How much would that cost, by the way? :evilgrin:

First you need to have Window 7 Starter or Home Basic installed and/or, I am pretty sure, any version of Vista or XP to be eligible.

Windows 7 is available as an Upgrade Family Pack edition in certain markets, to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium only. It gives licenses to upgrade three machines from Vista or Windows XP to the Windows 7 Home Premium edition. These are not full versions, so each machine to be upgraded must have one of these qualifying previous versions of Windows for them to work.

Windows 7 Starter only comes pre-installed—mostly on netbooks—so you can't buy and install it on your own. It's designed for doing the basics, such as using the Internet, sending e‑mail, and creating documents.

The Family Pack is an upgrade for 3 PCs only to Home Premium only it is not for any other version of Windows 7 and RRP in Aus at least is $250

I'm interested about that Windows 7 Family Pack thing. How much would that cost, by the way? :evilgrin:

How about for now, we just dont include the windows 7 into the budget ;) and you'll worry about getting win7 later on. Getting the best hardware is the most important thing.