best SSD in the 120Gb area?

yamilegend

Sup, i have chosen to buy a SSD this would be my first i have seen the price and different size and all that but i wanna now of the one that out there in the area of 120GB which one is reliable Thanks in advance.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mushkin Chronos. Great drive with more IOPS from the price.

Patriot Wildfire for more performance based tasks

two patriot 60GB pyros in raid 0 for performance. (I know it is not technically a 120gb drive, but just want to offer it as an option)

Corsair Force 3 for price to performance.

I found this awesome deal yesterday too. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1457210&Sku=P33-8507 The patriot Pyro Se. You get price and performance in one nice little package.

The only thing is I would stay away from OCZ. I don't know if I purchased mine when they made a bad batch of memory, but I bought 6 drives and only two of them worked. I know other people will boo and hiss at me for saying to stay away from OCZ, but I would hate to see another human being go through what I had to.

Just purchased two OCZ Agility 3 SSDs for a customer and they are insanely fast. I would recommend OCZ as I also have a Vertex 2 and love it. I've heard reports of bad batches, but the 3 I've experienced have been phenomenal.

My OCZ Vertex 2... After I log into Windows (my company laptop), it takes up to 4 minutes before I can see or do anything. It wasn't setup by me, so that must be why. ;)

Otherwise, I think I have used up to 15 different SSD's. None so far have gone bad on me.