MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk or ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCUII?

Well I made my decision and bought an MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk.

I have now come across a card that apparently performs better in the cooling and noise department. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-187-151&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29#scrollFullInfo)

What do you think? If I'm not happy with the MSI Hawk is Newegg pretty good about exchanging different cards and negating restocking fees?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably workout an exchange deal with NewEgg, with little fuss.

Great choice in card, what I recommend (down the road) is selling the 560Ti to someone who can truly use it's capabilities and pickup a trusty old 460 1GB to use for Physx

Thanks for helping me decide. It should arrive either today or tomorrow.

I'll keep that in mind IVIYTH0S. Would be a waste to use such a powerful GPU for only Physx. Could be awhile though, if this card meets all my expectations.

I'll let you all know when it arrives! thumbsup3.gif

Well, I just received two more ASUS GTX 560 Ti DCII's. One was a failure in overclocking - 960MHz Core Clock at 1150mV's.

However, the other one was a complete champ! 1010MHz at 1150mV's! :woo:

It took 6 cards to beat out the MSI Hawk I have that gets to 1000MHz at 1150mV's

post-70939-0-05008000-1325640659_thumb.png

post-70939-0-12286200-1325640682_thumb.png

I'm curious to see how your MSI Hawk performs.

Well, I just received two more ASUS GTX 560 Ti DCII's. One was a failure in overclocking - 960MHz Core Clock at 1150mV's.

It took 6 cards to beat out the MSI Hawk I have that gets to 1000MHz at 1150mV's

Why so many gfx cards?

It looks like I was just lucky when I got two TOPs that clock over 1GHz (non ti granted)

Why so many gfx cards?

It looks like I was just lucky when I got two TOPs that clock over 1GHz (non ti granted)

So many? I only have like 20... ;)

People want computers, and if I build it, they will come. Well, probably not the right movie quote analogy.

Lucky indeed!

I look forward to see how it handles further OC as well, and you'll definitely here from me. It will be here on the 4th.

I just hope I made the right decision and the fans isn't ridiculously loud in modern games.

What is an acceptable temperature at 1Ghz or more running Furmark? This is in case I have to up the voltage.

Just curious El_Capitan, what's your career?

Edited by momosmokey

I look forward to see how it handles further OC as well, and you'll definitely here from me. It will be here on the 4th.

I just hope I made the right decision and the fans isn't ridiculously loud in modern games.

What is an acceptable temperature at 1Ghz or more running Furmark? This is in case I have to up the voltage.

Just curious El_Capitan, what's your career?

The one gripe about the ASUS DCII is the slight rattle because of the heatsink not completely being harnessed to the PCB. That's another good thing about the MSI Hawk compared to the ASUS DCII.

Don't use Furmark anymore for testing cards. For me, I've gotten pretty good at using Unigine Heaven and once there's a good full run on it with no big hits on Minimum FPS, I know it's stable for just about any game. These cards can get to 100C and still play games without issue, but that''s not good in the long run. With a good airflow case and fan on auto, you'll probably never get past 80C even when overclocked, which is pretty good. Air cooled fans seem pretty quiet to me until they reach fan speeds of 45%, so I usually set fan profiles at 35% until 55C, 45% until 80C, and 100% at 90C.

Career = entrepreneur? :P

The one gripe about the ASUS DCII is the slight rattle because of the heatsink not completely being harnessed to the PCB. That's another good thing about the MSI Hawk compared to the ASUS DCII.

Don't use Furmark anymore for testing cards. For me, I've gotten pretty good at using Unigine Heaven and once there's a good full run on it with no big hits on Minimum FPS, I know it's stable for just about any game. These cards can get to 100C and still play games without issue, but that''s not good in the long run. With a good airflow case and fan on auto, you'll probably never get past 80C even when overclocked, which is pretty good. Air cooled fans seem pretty quiet to me until they reach fan speeds of 45%, so I usually set fan profiles at 35% until 55C, 45% until 80C, and 100% at 90C.

Career = entrepreneur? :P

Great reply, exactly what I was looking for and then some.

Being an entrepreneur is the best career hands down. My dads one. :)

Well I got my MSI GTX 560 Ti and WOW! The difference between it and Intel HD graphics is amazing. I always thought PC graphics were better but not that much. Completely destroys my Xbox 360. :)

I did some Heaven Benchmarking and these are my results at my current overclocked state. Same Heaven settings as you El_Capitan. Sorry for not showing them, but they're the same.

I'm not 100% sure why the average FPS is lower than yours El_Capitan, but I was wondering maybe if it had something to do with the CPU. I have an, as you can see, I3-550 @ 4.5 Ghz. It's a dual core, I don't know if maybe that would make the difference.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/momosmokey/HeavenBenchmark1100MhzGPU.png

Edited by momosmokey