My First Official Worklog (Bahamut's Lagoon)

NikoDG

Yeah, honestly I like the FX990 chipset better than the X79 in most regards. Native USB 3.0, a ton of SATA 3 ports, sure it has I think 8 less lanes, which kinda sucks, and no PCI-e 3.0 (another thing the X79 wins).

At least there are options of expansion cards for usb 3 or sata 3, but it wouldn't be native.

Too bad we can't have the best of both works, eh?

I find the same thing with many components.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated this post, my CPU still hasn't arrived, but I've figure out my watercooling set up. I also changed the name of my build, and the theme slightly, to better reflect what I'm planning on doing. I'm no longer going to be waiting for the GTX 700 series, I'm going to go straight for the HD 7970 once it is released. Based on that I've decided to go with a red and blue theme, and I have also decided to change my HAF X side panel, trading it in for a HAF 932 AMD Edition side panel with the dragon.

Um... Niko? I hate to break it to you, but I don't think that case will work for that water cooling setup. People can correct me, but I don't think you are going to have enough room.

Can you exchange it for a cosmos 2?

Um... Niko? I hate to break it to you, but I don't think that case will work for that water cooling setup. People can correct me, but I don't think you are going to have enough room.

Can you exchange it for a cosmos 2?

Oh snap. I just saw the Cosmos II review on our front page. This thing dwarfs the HAF X! With dimensions like 344x704x644mm the HAF X's 230x550x590 just seems tiny. I will most likely be taking your advice and sending the HAF X back so I can get the Cosmos II, thanks TJ.

Edited by NikoDG

Oh snap. I just saw the Cosmos II review on our front page. This thing dwarfs the HAF X! With dimensions like 344x704x644mm the HAF X's 230x550x590 just seems tiny. I will most likely be taking your advice and sending the HAF X back so I can get the Cosmos II, thanks TJ.

yeah get the cosmos 2, that case is beastly

Gah, that price, lol. I don't think I'm gonna get the Cosmos II unfortunately, the main reason being money. If I RMA my HAF X I will lose almost $100 thanks to the restocking fee and shipping cost, that on top of what will probably be a $400 case in Canada, and I'm assuming about the same amount to ship, and then taxes. It will cost me near $600 to send my HAF X back and replace it with a Cosmos II, which just isn't justifiable.

I'd take the HAF X over the Cosmos 2...the latter is just soooo expensive and the features don't seem to warrant the price. I mean...they're cool, but I can buy a fan controller myself thank you very much. :lol:

Also - your pump - isn't it just a regular D5 vario? The 655B is the non-vario set to speed 4.

Since I'm getting a different side panel I'm only going to have the front 230mm fan as an intake so I'm thinking U should probably get a better fan to improve over the stock one. Does anyone know if the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm Red LED fan would be a significant improvement over my case's stock fan? The Bitfenix is rated for 156CFM at 900RPM while the stock fan is rated at 110CFM at 700RPM. I'm basically just asking because I don't know of anyone with one of the Bitfenix fans, so I don't know if the CFM they advertise is correct, I don't know what the build quality is like, and I don't know how loud they would be.

If you want something with airflow and don't mind noise then a silverstone air penetrator is the only way to go. All you have to do is drill extra holes in the fans shroud and you can fit it in there well.

If you want something with airflow and don't mind noise then a silverstone air penetrator is the only way to go. All you have to do is drill extra holes in the fans shroud and you can fit it in there well.

+1 . I just recently discovered how good the fans are, and for the price, I would go with the silverstone fans. They have some for 13 bucks on newegg, so compared to some 22 buck NF-F12 fans, they could definitely save you a pretty penny on something like your build.