upgrade time or more or less

yamilegend

Ok guys i wanna upgrade, right now i got 2 6850 in CF and they are excellent, i wanna buy another video card, maybe just because i wanna have another to use or whatever the reason, right now i looking into a 6970 or 6950, and probably later CF them. I'm thinking also waiting for the 7000 series start your opinions and suggestions. Thanks in advance right now im using a 1090t oc at 3.9 8GB RAM corsair vengeance, the motherboard is a crosshair formula 4 and a 750w TX Corsair PSU.

That should be plenty of power to wait for even Green team's new offering let alone ATI. I say 7970 or see what Nvidia brings. If you're going jump, at least make it worth and go past 1 generation.

If you want to get the 7XXX series then just wait, but I just went to CF 6950's from a 6850 and it is epic.

you just not helping me save my money T_T the epic just pushed me to add 2 6950 in my cart x_x gonna think about it trough the weekend

you just not helping me save my money T_T the epic just pushed me to add 2 6950 in my cart x_x gonna think about it trough the weekend

He said it was epic when he went from a single 6850 to dual 6950's, I wouldn't expect an epic diffence going from dual 6850's to dual 6950's :P

I still think a third 6850's to get you a Tri-Fire set-up would serve you just as well, and cost much less. Then you could wait for NVIDIA's cards, which even if you still go with the 7xxx it should push their prices down. Just my opinion.

Personally I'm toughing it out with a single 5850 until I see NVIDIA's cards :ouch:

Edited by NikoDG

He said it was epic when he went from a single 6850 to dual 6950's, I wouldn't expect an epic diffence going from dual 6850's to dual 6950's :P

I still think a third 6850's to get you a Tri-Fire set-up would serve you just as well, and cost much less. Then you could wait for NVIDIA's cards, which even if you still go with the 7xxx it should push their prices down. Just my opinion.

Personally I'm toughing it out with a single 5850 until I see NVIDIA's cards :ouch:

the 6850 doesn't do Tri-Fire the 6850 and 6870 where limited to crossfire i dont know if they release one that does but i dont got them. i have a thing against NVIDIA cards but that can change, right now i thinking of the 6950 in CF but time will tell, plannig also on going for a SSD and probably a eyeifiniti setup of 3 x 24"

buying TWO new cards right now is a really stupid idea

if you already own a 6850, a second for crossfire is a good move to save money and increase performance

but buying two new cards with the new architecture right around the corner is a complete waste

buying TWO new cards right now is a really stupid idea

if you already own a 6850, a second for crossfire is a good move to save money and increase performance

but buying two new cards with the new architecture right around the corner is a complete waste

He already has 2 6850's, so adding one is not an option.

What's your monitor's resolution??

Honestly there's no single card worth switching to because you'd be losing performance in the process...

well right now im using 1920x 1080 but soon im planning in going the eyeifinity course and buying 2 more 24" monitors of the same resolution. truth if i switch to a single one i would lose performance but if i go 6950 CF ???would that be good ? i have seen them as low as 239.99 and on ebay at 200 or less with a little more search. anyway keep up the suggestions i like reading here a lot ^_^.