Its finally done! Pics and Benchmarks soon to come.

DrDigitized2

NOOO! Its after midnight and no $$ $$ yet. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Dont they realize that I had PLANS! lol Maybe if I go to bed early I can check when at 6 am Mountain time when I have to get my 6 year old ready for kindergarten.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That my dear friend stoner is the honest truth, but then again, all the HAF series look like crap to me.

I think its more of personal opinion. Space-wise its very good. Look wise, well, its not that good.

I thought you guys were going to try to change my parts? Whats a matter? They to perfect for ya? :evilgrin:

BTW. Do I need to keep the boxes that my products come in?

Well about the only thing that needs to change would be the case, going from a HAF 932 to a HAF X. Other than that, what else is there to change? We already sort of did your part list a while back. :lol:

I would still be waiting for Ivy bridge if it were me personally, but I think you have a set up that you will be able to enjoy.

I thought you guys were going to try to change my parts? Whats a matter? They to perfect for ya? :evilgrin:

BTW. Do I need to keep the boxes that my products come in?

I was too lazy to search through to find them :P

That's damn a good looking list.

I keep boxes just stack them up out of the way. That way reruns or resale are easy plus I keep manuals CDs or spare parts in there box best filing system for it ever.

Thanks. I think it is a good list to. Its to bad the IRS is now saying that I have to wait till the 3rd to get my money. :down: Wish I could :slap: Them. Oh well. Just more time to think about it. I seen on the news that some people had to wait up to 10 days after they were told they would get there money. Bad IRS! :wallbash:

Well guys I finally bought my parts. Its been driving me crazy trying to make sure that I bought the right parts for the right price. I ended up changing 3 things because the instant rebates changed and also the XFX Double D Black Edition 7950 was out of stock so I bought the GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950 instead. Anyone know if I can run cross fire with a 7950 Gigabyte and a 7950 XFX or do I have to stay with the same manufacturer. I changed the power supply to the SeaSonic X-1250 1250W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply. I saved around $40 on that and its better then the previous one. I also changed the monitor from Asus to the PLANAR PX2710MW Black 27" Full HD HDMI WideScreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers Because it had a $40 off promo plus it was previously listed at $399.99. I got it for $239.99.

It should all arrive around Tuesday. I cant wait! I also found a really nice computer chair that was $300 and when I went to the store to buy it they had it on sale for $200. So I got to stay on budget with that at least.

All the parts, water cooling, case, monitor, and chair came to around $2560 with out mail in rebates. Just a bit more then the 2k budget but then again I hadn't budgeted for a Chair or Monitor. So if you take those away then you come close to 2k. Can anyone say ouch?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that help picking out the parts and helping me get the most out of my $$. I look forward to showing you all pics when I build it.

First off, congrats on your build :thumbsup::cheers:

Second, if you are talking about the normal black edition then no, you can not crossfire it. If you are talking about the 900mhz xfx black edition, then it could be done, but it is a hit or miss. In theory as long as all the specs are the same, people have been able to do it before. However, I SERIOUSLY doubt you can pull it off. Especially since we are talking about two totally different cards rather than say 2 different reference cards.