Sleeving Tips

I'm planning to mount some UV lights in my upcoming build, so I want to sleeve all my cables in UV sleeving for looks. I have a few questions though, cause I've never done this before:

1) What brand sleeving is good for UV? Looking for red and blue sleeving)

2) What diameter sleeving should I be using? I want it to be fairly snug to the cables

3) Are there any special tools I am going to need?

Edited by NikoDG

I would recommend MDPC-X sleeving, in my opinion, they are the best looking. Check them out here: http://en.mdpc-x.com/mdpc-sleeve/sleeve.htm

For the tools, you can also get them from MDPC-X, but they are a bit steep.

There are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there, like the Sunbeam Tech, Lamptron etc or you could make your own D.I.Y. tools.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_143_272

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g44/c177/list/p1/DIYMod_Parts-UV_Reactive_Sleeving_.html

Here you go :biggrin:

Bitspower sleeving is pretty good to use imo.

You just need some tools to push pins out frozencpu sells there own name brand one which is of good quality. For removing pins in atx plugs.

The sleeving also stretches and will fit a variety of sized cables and considering standard psi cables are 18awg the sleeving is sold at an appropriate size. If you wish there are also sleeves designed specifically for data cables.

Finally I suggest picking up replacement atx plugs, uv reactive of course and for the heatshrink the ends of the sleeves in either black or the red/blue of the cable just remember this bit won't be uv reactive.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Lmao, oh dear oh my, I was planning to do it systematically. Pull, sleeve, and replace, one pin at a time, that should minimize the chance of me destroying anything :P

Edited by NikoDG

DONT MESS UP THE WIRES WHEN YOU PUT THEM BACK IN THE MOLEX CONNECTOR!!

Lost a hard drive as l mixed the +12v with the +5v lines..... Sniff Sniff... oh the secret smoke. :rofl:

You are lucky that you lost only one HDD.

P.S. is it too hard to remember or mark the proper sequence?

You are lucky that you lost only one HDD.

P.S. is it too hard to remember or mark the proper sequence?

I did the whole psu, i checked it once i checked it twice. Still i screwed up ONE DAMN connector and of course it had to be one that plugs into a hard drive...... no not a fan that l had like 8 in the case at the time. YUP a hard drive, and a maxtor 20gb, A HUGE beast of a hard drive at the time.

This was about 10 years ago now, and when your a teenager you think you always got all bases covered. And you will never screw up anything. :rofl: