XBox 360 Portable *The Infection* worklog

racer86

XBOX 360 Portable

The Infection

This build was inspired by my brother who at one point voiced his opinion about not being able to have or use his Xbox 360 while he was overseas deployed. I originally started with a regular first gen xbox 360 and ended up using a Slim model to save space and help with heat.

The general idea behind this build was to have something portable yet still provide the gaming experience that he was looking for. The case is a pelican case (one of the most durrable cases on the planet) the monitor is 18.5 in and 1366x768 res. I have also included a full 2.1 speaker audio system into this as well to make it an all in one experience.

The wiring was a nightmare shorting the original video cable and wiring all of the power wires into one connector was rather time consuming. However I am very pleased with the final product

Hope you all enjoy it as much as i did :thumbsup: (sorry for the bad quality my camera is dead so i had to use my phone)

Final Product

20110708162523899.jpg

20110708200619825.jpg

Teardown

img7097tm.jpg

img7108g.jpg

img7115.jpg

Mock up and Assembly

img7102e.jpg

img7153.jpg

img7093g.jpg

img7388f.jpg

img7187ab.jpg

img7392i.jpg

Edited by racer86

:thumbsup:

How much did it cost you?

thanks

all together around $500 for all of the parts it took to make it there were quite a few replacements purchased due to breaking or rethinking the design

(after extra parts/broken parts/tools $800 lol)

That's pretty sick. Wish I had you as a friend while I was deployed to Afghanistan a couple years ago. LOL

Kudo's to you, and God Speed to your deployed brother.

Edited by Stubbz210

That's pretty sick. Wish I had you as a friend while I was deployed to Afghanistan a couple years ago. LOL

Kudo's to you, and God Speed to your deployed brother.

Thanks im considering doing another one for one of his buddies and thankyou he is actually do back in a month or so

Hats off to you sir. That is a great job you have done there.

why thankyou :cheers:

Coulda bought a G115 for half that price :( Though your one looks much better :) The Xbox cooler needs airflow I think... HDMI!

actually the cost would be more :evilgrin: my total cost included the price of a new 250gb xbox 360 slim

But you spent $800? Still your one looks nice...

ya that was including the cost of a dremmel, drill, grinder, and other misc parts not to mention 3 video cables at $40 a pop, and a new speaker system as i shorted out the board on the first one lol

Great job done by your sir! Hats off to you.

WOW! This looks absolutely amazing.

Edited by racer86