4th3truth

P10000 3D MARK11, OCed Budget X-79 $1500 build

Updating your system that much when do you get to use it, it would seem it would be kinda of silly LOL. I know your not serious. lol

Oh he is serious. :mellow:

333 WATTS USAGE ! a 200w 7950 OC and the 340w 3820 OC will run a 850W PSU to it's optimal max loads of about 700Ws above 80% line but below 90% of max load and that would be peak. Another card would require another PSU.

i'm just curious but where have you seen a 7970 for $300?

i am guessing $350-$400 will be the price of a good 7950.

Does anyone recommend the Crucial M4 Marvell controller over Sandforce? I heard the Marvell controller is what Intel uses but is a bit slower but better with 4k random reads. $40-50 difference in price over getting M4 over a Sandforce. Any thoughts on SSDs.

Does anyone recommend the Crucial M4 Marvell controller over Sandforce? I heard the Marvell controller is what Intel uses but is a bit slower but better with 4k random reads. $40-50 difference in price over getting M4 over a Sandforce. Any thoughts on SSDs.

Crucial drives are more reliable. A lot of people recommend them for their reliability. I prefer sandforce stuff though. The reads and writes are so high that you barley notic a difference in the 4k random reads. Plus they are just snappier. Let me put it this way, if I were using it for games, I would go with the Sandforce stuff. If I were making a work station which holds a lot of valuable information and software, I would be using the Intel or crucial drives.

now the 7950's have come out they're about 700+ so i think you'll have to change that

sadly the only way to be really future proof is get the newest socket, everything else can be upgradable. At lest if you have a MB, CASE, HDD and PSU those are not going to be replaced.

what you want in a build is money left so don't buy the top of the line because it will 100% be outdated in 6 months or less. have some money left over for gpu upgrades because thats going to be the main driving factor in future gaming.

The highest costs are going to be

$300 CPU

$300-350 GPU

$250 MB

also 1366 has been out since 2008 and the i7 980/990 is the last stop and now the socket is dead because it has no more cpu's on intel road map.

Edited by hornybluecow

Crucial drives are more reliable. A lot of people recommend them for their reliability. I prefer sandforce stuff though. The reads and writes are so high that you barley notic a difference in the 4k random reads. Plus they are just snappier. Let me put it this way, if I were using it for games, I would go with the Sandforce stuff. If I were making a work station which holds a lot of valuable information and software, I would be using the Intel or crucial drives.

:cheers:

Thanks for all the input. The Sandforce can't be too terrible for gaming as my father-in-law has one on his new system playing WoW which is one of the hardest games for random reads. He said he has not had any blue screen memory errors with his crucial 16gb ram and 120gb OCZ 3. So seems reliable enough. Thanks again.

now the 7950's have come out they're about 700+ so i think you'll have to change that

Correct partially... $450-$500ish now for the 7950 @ provantage they are the only ones really atm 1/25/2011.

I just got my tax return so I am pretty much revising to the final build and updating the list on the 1st page. Updates including the title because without the monitor and such this is a x79 for $1500 without the monitor that can run BF3 way over 60 fps consistently with MSAA and that mean no need to use FXAA because it is just going to blur the image as it does blending silhouettes in post 3D mode offered by the Samsung more so. S/N of everything and all. But will play BF3 40-60 fps in Tri-def true 3D.

But most are not fans of 3D thus still it offers ultra 60+ fps and future compatibility with at least 5 years of PCi-e 3.0 coming before the 4.0 standard which is already being pushed through but 2007 was when 3.0 was introduced when I upgraded to 2.0. So PCI 2.0 cards will be around for another 5 years before most modern games will not play on them. These are like 10 year lifespans almost in sync with consoles because they push huge leaps with console launch years.

Guest Johnny Doe

Cache for a 550MB/s SSD? Probably would have little performance gain. Is this a certain mobo with this feature or software?

RAMDisk - RAM dedicated as a volatile storage partition through software. RAM writes at thousands of MB/s, not hundreds...

replace that TX850 BTW. It's an old CWT PSH 750 (TT Toughpower) unit. Shoot for a Silencer 760/910 (SeaSonic built) or a PowerBird 900.

TX850 (old one)

CORSAIR-12.jpg

PC P&C Silencer 910

910inta418.jpg

Edited by Johnny Doe