7970 Reviews

Bosco

for it being on first round of drivers id say its pretty good ive got my funds ready

its seems to me that no matter what amd does some people will never be satisfied

i myself think the new 7970 is pretty dam good gtx 580 is $499 to start with and $600 for the 3 gig and probably not increase that much with driver updates

the 7970 is just starting and it walks all over the 580 for around the same price

I think this is how they came up with the 7970 price.

I think this is how they came up with the 7970 price.

lol but its ok for nvidia to have $500 plus card and nobody cries or wines about it

but god forbid amd puts out a product the bests nvidia and ask for a similar price

did you really think they would put out a card that beats the comp by 25%

and then turn around and sell it for 30% less thats not how it works

ya get what ya pay for :withstupid:

Edited by jdm_freek

lol but its ok for nvidia to have $500 plus card and nobody cries or wines about it

but god forbid amd puts out a product the bests nvidia and ask for a similar price

did you really think they would put out a card that beats the comp by 25%

and then turn around and sell it for 30% less thats not how it works

Oh, I cried and whined about the price of the GTX 580 at $500. The only reason I have two is because I spent under $345 for each of them.

Oh, I cried and whined about the price of the GTX 580 at $500. The only reason I have two is because I spent under $345 for each of them.

congrats on that price but unfortunately we cant all get that kinda hook up

if so we'd all be running gtx 580's in sli

for the rest of us its $499 a pop

Yeah, I know. Even at those prices, it's not really worth it, imo. I've bought one new at $300, and two Open Boxes for around $270. Just have to get lucky at finding them. :P

Unless you are in aus where it is $650+ for the 1.5gb and around $800 for the 3gb :( can buy a 6990 for $800.

LMAO, I cried and whined about the 6970 price in the mid $300's :biggrin: Glad I got my 2 ASUS cards for about $200 each :evilgrin:

But, I don't care what industry or product we are dealing with, if you want the best, you will always have to pay a premium! So a 7970 that outperforms a 580 should be more expensive! If not, then I would say that the shareholders need to have a serious meeting with the board :whistling:

The 6970 is so close(like %10-30) to a 7970. I have an idea, just buy one now and X-fire as needed. Get them off ebay for >$300 and you have nearly twice the power for half the cost. But X-fire worries me. :-/

Edited by Black64

LMAO, I cried and whined about the 6970 price in the mid $300's :biggrin: Glad I got my 2 ASUS cards for about $200 each :evilgrin:

But, I don't care what industry or product we are dealing with, if you want the best, you will always have to pay a premium! So a 7970 that outperforms a 580 should be more expensive! If not, then I would say that the shareholders need to have a serious meeting with the board :whistling:

+1