7970 Reviews

Bosco

for it being on first round of drivers id say its pretty good ive got my funds ready

its seems to me that no matter what amd does some people will never be satisfied

i myself think the new 7970 is pretty dam good gtx 580 is $499 to start with and $600 for the 3 gig and probably not increase that much with driver updates

the 7970 is just starting and it walks all over the 580 for around the same price

This!

for it being on first round of drivers id say its pretty good ive got my funds ready

its seems to me that no matter what amd does some people will never be satisfied

i myself think the new 7970 is pretty dam good gtx 580 is $499 to start with and $600 for the 3 gig and probably not increase that much with driver updates

the 7970 is just starting and it walks all over the 580 for around the same price

Well I would hope so considering the GTX 580 is a year old, but walks all over is a strong word. In some games it looks great, other games it just blows :(

But until Jan 9th when we see real cards then we will truly know what these cards are capable of.

Well I would hope so considering the GTX 580 is a year old, but walks all over is a strong word. In some games it looks great, other games it just blows :(

But until Jan 9th when we see real cards then we will truly know what these cards are capable of.

But drivers should fix that issue i hope but i agree price is kinda high i might wait til its under 500

WoW ... these post are crazy. First off this is the first set of Drivers, this the basic card .. want too be all fair .. compair it too the First 580s with their frist drivers ..... Just wait till the MSI 7970 Lighthing (MIND BLOWN) . The Overclocks on the basic is so high .. this is going too be A huge Game changer.

Oh and the FACT that the 7XXs from nvida are not due for SIX months!

Edited by neko77025

WoW ... these post are crazy. First off this is the first set of Drivers, this the basic card .. want too be all fair .. compair it too the First 580s with their frist drivers ..... Just wait till the MSI 7970 Lighthing (MIND BLOWN) . The Overclocks on the basic is so high .. this is going too be A huge Game changer.

Oh and the FACT that the 7XXs from nvida are not due for SIX months!

+1

First driver???? They changed the driver 3 times in 7 days for this very card :( Not very good planning there, 3rd driver came hours before launch :(

They have until Jan 9th to get them figured out by then because that date will actually truly show what the card is capable of.

-1, OCing is def not the only nice thing about the 7970 :P How about power consumption and temps just to state the obvious! I know your 3GB 580 is a beast, but to go toe-to-toe when both cards are OCed is prob a stretch.

Love the card, not real turned on about the pricing!

True! thumbsup3.gif

At this point since I already blew $600 for this card a month back, I'm not getting rid of it probably until Maxwell comes to the table. I'll prob just be skipping out on Kepler unless it's really good. smile.gif