7970 Reviews

Bosco

$550 though... at least it isn't going to be over $600 like I though it would be.

That it doesn't crush the GTX 580 is a disappointment, though (still beats it most of the time). One review had it overclocked to 1125MHz, lol, that was nice to see at least.

$550 though... at least it isn't going to be over $600 like I though it would be.

Wait for partners cards, I am expecting some of the extreme cards to come near $650 to $700 :(

Makes you wonder what the pricing will be on the 7990 :wacko:

Any one think the price is just to make quick money during the X-mas rush shopping ? Would be great to see it below $500 maybe $475 ?

I can just imagine Nvidia's prices :wacko:

Wait for partners cards, I am expecting some of the extreme cards to come near $650 to $700 :(

Makes you wonder what the pricing will be on the 7990 :wacko:

Arm, leg, and a kidney for the 7990 most likely.

Damn, that Neoseeker review is amazing ! ! lol :biggrin:

You don't say, it is rather good. :P:lol:

While I'm not exactly disappointed with the performance of the card, I don't think the $550 price is justified by what you get. I mean, sure, it'd be great to have one of the 7970s, but not for double what I paid for two 5770s.

it may not have been incredible, but its not that bad of a fail. Have you guys seen the crossfire review?

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1362/pg1/amd-radeon-hd-7970-crossfire-performance-review-introduction.html

Its pretty good but not what was expected.

Based on how the trend goes it will be GTX 580 VS 6970 all over again when the New Nvidia card comes.