Themes? and ad removals?

TheHostileGamer

I was wondering if there was a way I can change the color from blue to any other look I prefer?

Also is there a way I can donate to OCC to remove ads? I used to frequent another site that really

did it well and I was hoping I could do the same here. Last time I asked I was told no but I was hoping

that it maybe changed since then. I prefer a cleaner look that's why I hate the ads, I have OCD and it hurts

me deep down to see them so much so that I would pay you lol. And the blue, well I just think it's too much

blue for my taste, I like a more neutral color for the backdrop.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure adblock is frowned upon, as the website will receive less money.

Not sure why you would think that because as adblock won't stop the important figure of site traffic which is what will determin what OCC charges for those banner spaces. Just because we who use adblocking plugins won't ever see the ads doesn't mean it will stop the income.

Edit: I will stand corrected, this is from adblockplus

Many web sites depend on advertising income, and if you visit a web site frequently you might want to allow their advertising — provided that this advertising isn't too annoying.

Guess I can stand the banners on OCC at least there isn't pop ups.

Edited by Stonerboy779

• 1 year later...

Yeah having this problem too, I get bad headaches with dark backgrounds and bright texts. The blue is super annoying, I haven't posted here in years and back then there was an option to change the blue I think to a gray, has that been completely removed?

Hey, at least our ads don't pop up right in the middle of the page when you're trying to read or write something  :)   

Frankly, I don't think our banner adds are intrusive or obtrusive at all.

I agree with @wevsspot, I don't mind ads providing they are not popups and they don't scroll with the page. In other words, I think the ads on OCC are fairly reasonable.

If OCC had popups/scrolling ads then my opinion would be very different. Any sites with popup/scrolling ads don't last long with me.