Sign in to follow this  
panjang110

new card

So the 6870 is beaten by it's previous generation brother? :ouch:

The 6870 wasn't the replacement for the 5870! Because AMD changed the naming of the cards, many people were confused. The 5870 was the top single GPU card of the 5000 series, which was replaced by the 6970, the top single GPU card of the 6000 series.

thx guys for the opinion +1 one the 5870, it's a great card at my res but I'm putting it as my last choice cause running it will require 2 8pin not to mention running 2 of it in crossfire will cost me a ton on psu. it's the lightning series from msi and it runs on 2 8pin. and most of the review i saw 5870 beats 560 in higher res but in some newer DX11 title the score is lower than 560, I'm a bit worried by this cause I will be using this card for some time like my good old 260 so is it going to be a good choice for the long run?

No dx11 for 5870 so if you want dx11 do not get it. Athough a lit of new releases are still using dx9 and dx10.

5xxx radeon card is DX11, remember when it's first released most manufacturer include DiRT2 game to showcase the DX11 capabilities

No dx11 for 5870 so if you want dx11 do not get it. Athough a lit of new releases are still using dx9 and dx10.

5xxx radeon card is DX11, remember when it's first released most manufacturer include DiRT2 game to showcase the DX11 capabilities

My 5850 has DX11 just like the 5870.

@OP: You will be buying a new PSU right? What you looking at getting? I'm guessing one that is at least 650W. If so then you won't have any problems getting a 2x 8 pin PCIe plug for the 5870.

My 5850 has DX11 just like the 5870.

@OP: You will be buying a new PSU right? What you looking at getting? I'm guessing one that is at least 650W. If so then you won't have any problems getting a 2x 8 pin PCIe plug for the 5870.

My bad guys. *head hung in shame* :lol:

And 2x8 pin easy at 650watt and if you bumped it to a 750watt, for not much more, then you could quite easily get 4x8pin and run cf or sli.

My bad guys. *head hung in shame* :lol:

And 2x8 pin easy at 650watt and if you bumped it to a 750watt, for not much more, then you could quite easily get 4x8pin and run cf or sli.

i getting the new CM gx650, it's dirt cheap and quite good. 80plus bronze too. anyway you guys still think that 5870 is a better buy? i'm thinking that amd stop optimizing drivers for older card hence the drop in performance in newer DX11 title

The 5870 is better than the 6870 and the 560ti + cheaper....it's a no brainer to me lin what benchmark is a 5870 better than a gtx 560 ti