Nyt

Another Upgrade - LGA2011

Lol Nyte - with all your upgrades you can start your own Christmas Contest next year :lol:

Lol :lol:

I earn my money by getting good marks in school :P

That's good, but if you get bad marks in school, do you have to downgrade to a Dual Core and a HD 4650? :P

That's good, but if you get bad marks in school, do you have to downgrade to a Dual Core and a HD 4650? :P

No I just dont get any upgrades :P

The 79 chipset with its voltage features looks sweet.

To help with the mobo cooling instead of water cooling the board it is possible to add 30x30, or 40x40 fans to the heatsinks. Check out the bf3 case mod mnpctech did. I think the rule of thumb with ocing is to surpass the manufacturers cooling solution. If the cpu sells with a 120 rad get a 120x2 rad.....

Is the rumor that the 3960 is supposed to be or going to be 8 core true?

Mobo manufacturers: Asus and Gigabyte. Atleast from what I've seen.

I wouldn't buy any consumer LGA2011 chip since they're all gimped...that would bother me.

Check out the Sabertooth and the motherboard waterblocks by Koolance for it.

I second this, the Sabertooth is a great board at a lower price point, and it includes something I think the Rampage IV should really have since it's their flagship, but sadly it doesn't. I'm talking about SSD caching which basically matches the performance of and SSD with the storage space of an HDD.

I wouldn't buy any consumer LGA2011 chip since they're all gimped...that would bother me.

What do you mean ?

How about not getting a 2011 socket CPU and just upgrading some other parts?

I'd rather have an SSD or two if I were you, and also a monitor than can do a bit more than just 1080p.

Grab a next gen GPU or two when they come out if you must and you'll be sorted for a while.

The "I want a rig to last for a while" argument doesn't really hold up in my opinion.

Unless you have a real use for those extra cores and threads (and by that, I mean something you'll be doing a good percentage of the time), then I think it's just upgrading for the sake it.