The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

bp9801

This one should not be a trilogy. Thats more of a cash grab than anything else at this point. They will have to go incredibly deep in the story line to get that far and basically expand on the authors work with some creative license

I would rather have 3 movies than 2 that skip out on a lot. I watched the LOTR trilogy and thought they were amazing. Then I read the books and was like, wtf? So much was missing. Although the Harry Potter series was the worst offender there, especially Part 1 of the last one. The entire time I thought, wtf how would anyone be able to understand what is going on without reading the books?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LOTR trilogy also had a lot of deleted scenes, if you watch the extended versions, that could add up to another movie in itself. I'm assuming that with The Hobbit trilogy, they could have done the same thing, but there was a way to make the two movies into a third without detracting from the experience. I don't mind. The more money they make, the more chances they will make The Silmarillion.

This will be epic. I am sure one of the three will be movie of the year. The big argument going on in geek world is will the hobbit destroy the avengers opening weekend. There will always be more comic book movies and sequels but once these three movies are over the LOTR genre of movies is most likely over so people will come out in force for these.

This one should not be a trilogy. Thats more of a cash grab than anything else at this point. They will have to go incredibly deep in the story line to get that far and basically expand on the authors work with some creative license

I'm thinking so, MAYBE 2 films, but not 3. I read and love The Hobbit but 3 movies?? This sounds like the influence of green :erm:

I'm thinking so, MAYBE 2 films, but not 3. I read and love The Hobbit but 3 movies?? This sounds like the influence of green :erm:

I think Jackson honestly has enough footage to make 3 films ...the question is if it would really make sense breaking up that footage into 3 films versus making extended editions like they did with LotR. I think the approval he got from the ones funding the bill was influenced by the promise of green.

I don't see it happening, but I would love it if one of the movies explored Gandalf's trip to investigate the "necromancer". That would queue everyone up who is not into reading the books to say, "Oh snap its the pre-cursor to the Lord of the Rings". Then with added interest in the Sauron character they could make a movie about Mairon the Admirable. Granted it would be mostly brand new material if they went this direction which the Tolkien family may not appreciate it, but I think there is enough information on how Mairon the Admirable became Sauron that they could keep the theme and direction in the right place.

I think the LOTR trilogy had appropriate cut points, so I'm hoping the same for The Hobbit :D

Kind of fitting since the LotR movies each had a book to go with it. :P The Hobbit is one book across three movies. The only way that will work is to fill in the missing gaps, like with

Gandalf and the other wizards going deeper into Mirkwood to flush out Sauron from Dol Guldur. That whole part was briefly mentioned in the book, but maybe the movie will show it in full.

But who knows, only way we'll find out is to watch all three movies.

Also, kind of fitting. :lol:

The only way that will work is to fill in the missing gaps, like with

Gandalf and the other wizards going deeper into Mirkwood to flush out Sauron from Dol Guldur. That whole part was briefly mentioned in the book, but maybe the movie will show it in full.

Ya sorta said that 3 posts above yours. :P