bp9801

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

When it was going to be two parts, I believe the idea was to have the first movie go up to the part where they get to the Lonely Mountain and the second movie detailing the fight with Smaug and the return home. Maybe it'll be broken up to just after Mirkwood, then the Lonely Mountain and Smaug, and then the return home?

Or even to where Bilbo gets the ring, then Mirkwood and the Lonely Mountain, and then Smaug and the return home.

Which begs the question, does "There and Back Again" become the title for the third film, and a "new" title is used for the second one?

Which begs the question, does "There and Back Again" become the title for the third film, and a "new" title is used for the second one?

I would have to imagine, if that is how it plays out. "An Unexpected Journey" then "The Lonely Mountain" and then "There and Back Again" would be possibilities, again based on the cuts.

Also, meant to post this a while back, but I forgot. :lol:

The first movie may not go all the way to the last few images though, since the trilogy was only announced today.

Just read this today, I have faith that Jackson will pull this off quite well regardless of how he splits it up.

On a sidenote, I should probably read The Hobbit.

:teehee:

On a sidenote, I should probably read The Hobbit.

tumblr_lz5ecjBPzA1r6tih0o2_400.gif

tumblr_lz5ecjBPzA1r6tih0o2_400.gif

I only just re-read LOTR in its entirety 2 years ago.

When I was younger I just could NOT get into it, too busy being a societal reprobate and a hooligan.

:ph34r:

I only just re-read LOTR in its entirety 2 years ago.

When I was younger I just could NOT get into it, too busy being a societal reprobate and a hooligan.

:ph34r:

:mellow::mfp:

Shits hard to read yo, the story is awesome but Tolkien is a very long winded writer.

This one should not be a trilogy. Thats more of a cash grab than anything else at this point. They will have to go incredibly deep in the story line to get that far and basically expand on the authors work with some creative license

Shits hard to read yo, the story is awesome but Tolkien is a very long winded writer.

You'll find a lot of writers of fantasy are like that. Haven't read George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire then have you?