dupp

240hz clear motion?

hello is 240hz clear motion true hz because on my desktop i cant go further than 60..

heres my tv btw

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10354203&whse=BCCA&Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BCCA|79|2341&N=4012034%204294966519&Mo=5&pos=1&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&ec=BCCA-EC1137-Cat79&topnav=

Edited by dupp

Horizontal refresh 240 not vertical so naturally only 60hz available.

Yup. A TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher doesn't really work on the same principle as a 120Hz computer monitor. The TV will add a frame in between the actual frames from the source, so it appears like the motion is smoother while it is still only 60Hz. TVs aren't true 120Hz displays, it is kind of like a 60x2Hz display (or 60x4Hz for the 240Hz ones).

The 120/240Hz is nice for movies and sports, but for video games, not really. It will add some input lag that isn't what you want, so even with your 240Hz TV, I'd turn off the Clear Motion bit if you plan to play games on it.

Yup. A TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher doesn't really work on the same principle as a 120Hz computer monitor. The TV will add a frame in between the actual frames from the source, so it appears like the motion is smoother while it is still only 60Hz. TVs aren't true 120Hz displays, it is kind of like a 60x2Hz display (or 60x4Hz for the 240Hz ones).

The 120/240Hz is nice for movies and sports, but for video games, not really. It will add some input lag that isn't what you want, so even with your 240Hz TV, I'd turn off the Clear Motion bit if you plan to play games on it.

Interesting to know!

The only reason I would get a 120+ Hz screen/tv would be if I were needing to use 3D shutter glasses - which cut the viewed refresh rate in half (half the frames for one eye, the other half for the other eye).

Otherwise I would leave it at 60Hz (Motion Flow/Clear Motion off)

I've got a 100Hz TV and I very much prefer keeping the TurMotion on for games - The games feel much much smoother - almost as if you have higher FPS

F1 2011 is utterly amazing in 100Hz and Im sure 240Hz would be even better for games

I am very sensitive to lag and latency. I don't feel any latency issues with my 240Mhz TV...

If there is ...it is on the lower end of the milli spectrum.

"Yup. A TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher doesn't really work on the same principle as a 120Hz computer monitor. The TV will add a frame in between the actual frames from the source, so it appears like the motion is smoother while it is still only 60Hz. TVs aren't true 120Hz displays, it is kind of like a 60x2Hz display (or 60x4Hz for the 240Hz ones)."

So.... a plasma which is 600hz is really 60hz x 10?

"Yup. A TV with a refresh rate of 120Hz or higher doesn't really work on the same principle as a 120Hz computer monitor. The TV will add a frame in between the actual frames from the source, so it appears like the motion is smoother while it is still only 60Hz. TVs aren't true 120Hz displays, it is kind of like a 60x2Hz display (or 60x4Hz for the 240Hz ones)."

So.... a plasma which is 600hz is really 60hz x 10?

600hz on a plasma is so stupid.

No ones eyes will be able discern that kind of speed it's just plasma tv manufactures flexing muscle and trying to win over customers.

100 and 120 hz tvs while good for watching tv and movies by raising frames from 30 and 60fps, SD and HD respectively, to 100 and the faster horizontal refresh allows for the smooth motion across the screen.

Although the 600hz on a plasma is flashing every pocket of a 60fps hd movie/show 10times and a 30fps broadcast 20times which means a new image is displayed every 0.001 of a second not because it looks any better than say 200 or 300hz plasmas but because it can.

As well as the fact that for forever and a day now bigger numbers have been winning customers.

Yeah... its ok not to be the best you can be. It would be better if plasma just stayed at 250hz because no one can see any difference anyway, mediocrity is the best. The OVERCLOCKERERS CLUB is not the place to push the limits of what we can do. Don't hate the plasma.:evilgrin: What you say is true, and most are fooled by the sails man but I think we should all have the right to chose and strive to do our best even if it is for the sake of just to do the best job. Sorry... I know you did not mean to be making a philosophical statement.