Power Supply vs My Washing Machine

so long as you dont mind gettin shocked a few times until you learn to kill the power fixing electrical oopsies can be rather easy. this is coming from somebody who has played with electricity since i was 5 and am now 38 :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so long as you dont mind gettin shocked a few times until you learn to kill the power fixing electrical oopsies can be rather easy. this is coming from somebody who has played with electricity since i was 5 and am now 38 :)

Never really lived till you've had at least a 12v shock just try not to go for the 110 or 240v ones :lol:

LOL, 12 volts is not even a shock,ever put your tounge on a 9 volt battery?, 110 is a wake up call but those 220's will put you back to sleep. :biggrin:

Used to work instaling automotive aftermarket accessories. 12v is funny as hell. If your lucky you get a little burn too :lol:

What worries me is that I'm studying electrical/electronic engineering at uni and the first thing my lecturer said was: "Until you get shocked with 230V, you're not an electrical engineer" :lol: - Guess I'll have to work on that one. :no:

Edited by Alexandre

What worries me is that I'm studying electrical/electronic engineering at uni and the first thing my lecturer said was: "Until you get shocked with 230V, you're not an electrical engineer" :lol: - Guess I'll have to work on that one. :no:

Trust me it's not fun, happened to me once, burnt the end off my screwdriver and fired me across a kitchen, ( was hooking up an electric range when it happened ) not fun at all .:wacko:

Never really lived till you've had at least a 12v shock just try not to go for the 110 or 240v ones :lol:

I am a technician by trade. Was doing a power balance test to diagnosis the partially misfiring cylinder and found out what it is like to be a conductor. Got hit with a few thousand volts from and ignition coil from the left arm To the right arm on the front supports sub-structure. When I hit the floor I got up and the trainer was checking my eyes with a flashlight. Was not sure what happened. Lol

I am a technician by trade. Was doing a power balance test to diagnosis the partially misfiring cylinder and found out what it is like to be a conductor. Got hit with a few thousand volts from and ignition coil from the left arm To the right arm on the front supports sub-structure. When I hit the floor I got up and the trainer was checking my eyes with a flashlight. Was not sure what happened. Lol

You got handed an extra life by god.....

That is one thing I never want to do... EVER!! 20-30000v not fun

You got handed an extra life by god.....

That is one thing I never want to do... EVER!! 20-30000v not fun

One thing that is interesting is that high current shocks have a lower chance of killing you than that of shocks from 0.5-1A because they stop your heart completely (generally the heart is where an electric current usually passes through and this is the most common cause of death).

Now you might be wondering why that is a good thing? If you heart stops completely your brain can adjust to restart the heart easily enough but when you have a lower current shock - it's not sufficient enough to stop their heart completely but rather just cause it to spasm out of control. And your brain can't really do much about that.

This is why when you have a shock and get a heart attack as a result, the doctors zap you with a LARGER shock to resuscitate you.

[/random-info-for-the-day]

Edited by Alexandre

One thing that is interesting is that high current shocks have a lower chance of killing you than that of shocks from 0.5-1A because they stop your heart completely (generally the heart is where an electric current usually passes through and this is the most common cause of death).

Now you might be wondering why that is a good thing? If you heart stops completely your brain can adjust to restart the heart easily enough but when you have a lower current shock - it's not sufficient enough to stop their heart completely but rather just cause it to spasm out of control. And your brain can't really do much about that.

This is why when you have a shock and get a heart attack as a result, the doctors zap you with a LARGER shock to resuscitate you.

Precisely my friend.

Which is why people survive lightning strikes provided the bolt doesn't pass through the heart.

Hey, my heart does that :teehee: