neddamttocs

Do you use surge protection for your pc/electonics?

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use surge protection?

• Yes, I have a surge protector
    • Yes, i have a UPS
    • Yes, I have a whole home surge supressor
    • No, I unplug my pc/electronics when it storms
    • No, I leave my pc/electronics plugged into the wall
    • Other

I just use one surge protector for computer equipment and another surge protector for amplifiers and audio equipment. I don't really use them because I'm paranoid that my power will go out, but I need the extra outlets.

Voter other because I have computers on both UPS and power strips. Power where I am is extremely "dirty" for some reason.

I have a surge protector but as I live in FL, the proclaimed lightning capital of the world I unplug my stuff during bad storms, surge protectors just make it easier to unplug all the stuff.

I'm forced to use a surge protector cause not enough sockets on wall :(

I have six wall sockets and two power boards coming off them with another double gang wall plate with a line from the roof areial and an Ethernet port all under my desk.

Everyone tends to have too much crap these days :lol:

Wish I had a full home surge protector, but sadly I do not. However, all electronics are connected to power strips that are both energy efficient and work as surge protectors too. I don't want to take the risk, lol.

Never had surge protection and I always have all my devices plugged in round the clock, and so far nothing has ever happend to any of my stuff :)

Then you are just lucky. :popcorn:

Power strips do protection using the same advertising that also claimed cigarette smoking increases health.

Surge protectors with a $1,000,000 warranty on them make me not really care if it's all advertising BS or not. ;)