Do you use surge protection for your pc/electonics?

neddamttocs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use surge protection?

• Yes, I have a surge protector
    • Yes, i have a UPS
    • Yes, I have a whole home surge supressor
    • No, I unplug my pc/electronics when it storms
    • No, I leave my pc/electronics plugged into the wall
    • Other

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda hard to explain in words so heres a pic :

pcprotection.jpg

Basically using 4 Surge Protectors and a UPS - And I still dont leave my PC or PS3 on during a storm :lol:

And I always unplug the ethernet cable during a storm - but I also have a wireless modem which I use often anyway

pcprotection.jpg

Basically using 4 Surge Protectors and a UPS - And I still dont leave my PC or PS3 on during a storm :lol:

And I always unplug the ethernet cable during a storm - but I also have a wireless modem which I use often anyway

Paranoid much?

I have a UPS on my computer and all my networking equipment. I can still get online when the power goes out and it's super fast when that happens.

pcprotection.jpg

I've similar setup. But instead of using four, I use two surge protectors, primary & secondary.

Not a damn thing besides the rcd in the switchbox. Got very clean power and suffer power outs on very rare occasions. Some of the TVs and entertainment gear as well as my pc are running off surge protected power boards. However I have no need to add anything else even in a storm I don't unplug things and am yet to have anything damaged.