Bulldozer Hotfix Now Available

After some quick and dirty testing this is having the effect I think we all expected. Basically what this has done is take the FX from appear to Windows as an 8 core processor to making it appear as 4 cores with 8 thread. This means it is using the extra core in each module as a more robust form of hyperthreading. Full testing will not bear this change out as most tests will either push a single core or all 8 cores. However IF you limit a test to dual triple or quad cores the performance boost is seen. The boost is not massive and only pushes it up to parity with a Phenom II at these levels. The gain looks to be leveling off at an average of about 8%.

No games I have played have had a changing in playability but then again i doubted that they would. The hotfix does give a boost and if you are a Bulldozer owner then I highly suggest getting this. However do not think this turns the FX into a whole new chip. All it does is give it a leg up to being about equal to a Phenom II. The only advanatges it seems to carry is a higher clock speed and better overclockability. So against a Phenom II it now at least makes a little sense.

Do you think they would ever come out with a hotfix or some sort of patch that would make it a new chip?

@ Computer Ed: I do like this thread, no flame wars out me :P Keep up the good work of keeping us informed :thumbsup:

Looks like this has been pulled. Evidently this was not the full patch they wanted to do and someone jumped the gun. Supposedly the finished patch will work even better, guess we will see.

Good thing i like AMD is there tru to there socket they stayed the same size not like Intel OMFG stop with the socket count (LGA ,775 ,1155,1156,1366 and 2011) next thing u know it wont be long till they come out with LGA 9000 !!! cant keep ur fav mobo and upgrade it just sad and to top it off there gonna end the 1155 and 1366 in 2k12 LULZ iv been with intel for a long time but this socket thing it just over kill

Good thing i like AMD is there tru to there socket they stayed the same size not like Intel OMFG stop with the socket count (LGA ,775 ,1155,1156,1366 and 2011) next thing u know it wont be long till they come out with LGA 9000 !!! cant keep ur fav mobo and upgrade it just sad and to top it off there gonna end the 1155 and 1366 in 2k12 LULZ iv been with intel for a long time but this socket thing it just over kill

All the socket changing is . me off also...

I really hope they fix Bulldozer cause I would love to have a HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition with an AMD CPU and GPU, I love to support the underdog, but where things are now... I just doesn't make sense to go with them when making a brand new build :(