Sign in to follow this  
Muchoman1

My new dell IPS screens

Have you seen these yet? Just something to consider although the actual makeup of the monitor is as friendly in terms of height adjustment ect.

LG IPS236V-PN 23in IPS Widescreen LED Monitor

yeah, saw those but i need portrait eyefinity, the stand being able to handle it would be nice but not a must, but it MUST have thin top and bottom bezels

yeah, saw those but i need portrait eyefinity, the stand being able to handle it would be nice but not a must, but it MUST have thin top and bottom bezels

Sides have good bezels top and bottom suck and the stand sucks better off just waiting and looking for dell coupons.

Sides have good bezels top and bottom suck and the stand sucks better off just waiting and looking for dell coupons.

yeah, ive seen these for $219 with the coupon a few times, and that includes shipping.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=au&cs=audhs1&l=en&s=dhs&sku=230-12158&redirect=1

they look like they have small bezels so i will get them and see if i can mod them even more, which i probably can cause they are rear lit not side lit leds, so it should work

well guys, just bought 3 of the dell ips 23" for 229 each including shipping,

this keeps me within budget for my hive build and finally i will be back up to 4 screens.

dell make it a PITA for eyefinity users, to get all 3 i had to use 3 different phone numbers, 3 email addresses, 3 dell logons, 3 different addresses and 3 different people who recieve the order

BUT I BEAT THE SYSTEM :bow:

they should arrive early next week

well guys, just bought 3 of the dell ips 23" for 229 each including shipping,

this keeps me within budget for my hive build and finally i will be back up to 4 screens.

dell make it a PITA for eyefinity users, to get all 3 i had to use 3 different phone numbers, 3 email addresses, 3 dell logons, 3 different addresses and 3 different people who recieve the order

BUT I BEAT THE SYSTEM :bow:

they should arrive early next week

Your kidding right? They only let you buy one and wouldn't let multiple people at the same screws buy......,

Either way let me know your opinion on it especially bezel sizes and ease of screen rotation.

well, my screens turned up today, got them a week after i placed the order (well 6 days really cause i ordered them late thursday night and got them this thursday morning)

these are nice screens, obviously not as nice as the 30 inch panels, but much nicer than my tn LED screens i had before, and they go portrait which is the reason i got them.

they are rear lit led screens, unlike my others which were bottom lit, so the old one was really thin but had a huge bottom bezel, but these are thicker and have same sized bezels all around.

i will be pulling one apart carefully sometime soon, because it is rear lit, there should be nothing behind the plastic bezel, except for the buttons, which can easily be moved, so hopefully i can get the bezels real thin

stonerboy, the rotation is real easy, to attach it to the stand you just lower it onto the pegs, which then lock in, and to turn it you just turn the screen, and it will stop at 90 degrees sharp, which makes setup real easy.

i have lowered them all to the bottom of their stand, which has height adjustment, to make setup easier and keep them level, as they are now resting on their flat stands.

here are some pics.

20120209_174035.jpg

3 boxes of fun which turned up at my door (well actually only one turned up at MY door, but you get the picture)

20120209_174240.jpg

my old 19" monitor which was my only one for far, far too long ( :cry: )

20120209_212229.jpg

the new monitors, with the old one beside it

across these monitors measure 44" which is the size of a decent tv, except its at 3158x1920 (bezel corrected)

i will probably lose a couple of inches when i take the bezels out, but it will be alot nicer to use

Did you say you are going to mod the bezels? Nice to see monitors with an already small uniform bezel, but would be interesting to see what you are planning/thinking :)

Did you say you are going to mod the bezels? Nice to see monitors with an already small uniform bezel, but would be interesting to see what you are planning/thinking :)

Yeah, i'm going to remove the plastic front and back, and see what Bezel there is around the actual panel.

I believe that the Bezels are only that thick so that it can hold the buttons and the USB Ports, and then around the other two sides to look uniform.

I will look into it this weekend, and see how thin it is underneath

Yeah, i'm going to remove the plastic front and back, and see what Bezel there is around the actual panel.

I believe that the Bezels are only that thick so that it can hold the buttons and the USB Ports, and then around the other two sides to look uniform.

I will look into it this weekend, and see how thin it is underneath

Get on with it! I want to see pictures! :D

looks like missed this thread but you got the right things and got the ultra sharps. very good color for the price. it hits 97% RGB, get a color calibrator and you are going to get even better results. Dell for the ultrasharp series does a great job on the presents because it's pretty close without any calibrating.

Edited by hornybluecow

^ +1 I got the 24" Ultrasharps and calibrated them. Mostly the brightness was changed, but most of the coloration was already pretty good.