Sign in to follow this  
bilcliff

Need PS3 Game Suggestions

Hi all i'm after a bit of help.

I got to work today and one of my co-workers was talking about how she is getting her 11yr old kid is getting a PS3 for x-mas. But she doesn't want him playing call of duty because its too violent. as an aside I mentioned the fact that i've been playing games like GTA since i was like 8 and i turned out ok (im 22 now). Anyway i tried coming up with suggestions for G or PG rated games that aren't violent. All i could come up with at the time was Little Big Planet or the new Spyro game.

When I got home and check my ps3 stash and i have a total of 2 G-rated games in my entire collection :lol:; Little Big Planet 2 & Ashes Cricket.

Here are the ones i came up with this evening:

Portal 2

Little Big Planet 2

Lego Star Wars / Pirates / Batman / Harry Potter

Ratchet & Clank Series

Spyro Skylander's adventures

Sonic Generations

Need For Speed

Sports Games (NBA 2k12, FIFA, etc.)

TL;DR - What are some good, non-violent recent games for PS3 appropriate for a 11yr old?

Racing games in general should always be fine, as well as puzzle games like portal... that'll make the kid think.

All of those games look like good suggestions to me, especially LBP2 and Ratchet & Clank series. Not sure about Portal 2 though, it has a somewhat dark theme to it I think, though it's not violent I suppose so I guess it's fine if violence is the only real concern.

Sadly most of the greatest games the PS3 has to offer would pretty easily fall under the category of "brutal violence" I think, such as Demon's Souls or Yakuza.

As for games I could suggest, right off the top of my head, Flower, it might seem strange or even girly to some people but it really is a great game. Flow is a fun little game by the same people that made Flower.

Beyond that I don't suppose I have much to suggest, honestly I don't think the PS3 is the best platform to pick if you don't want your kid to play violent games.

Edited by Deathmineral

Beyond that I don't suppose I have much to suggest, honestly I don't think the PS3 is the best platform to pick if you don't want your kid to play violent games.

Get a Wii instead....

....otherwise let them play MK9 illegally in aus with Cronos from Cod of War who they will come to love :lol:

Need for Speed The Run

Fifa 12

And most children like WWE wrestling so maybe WWE 12 ?

The Burnout games would be a good choice as well. Maybe one of the Skate series too, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Btw, Stoner, it is Kratos from God of War. :P

The Burnout games would be a good choice as well. Maybe one of the Skate series too, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Btw, Stoner, it is Kratos from God of War. :P

:lol: that shows how long it's been since I killed my ps2

Find out her opinion on fantasy rpg hack n slash games like the the elder scrolls. My mum is fine with my younger siblings playing that but doesn't want them near any of my shooters. She could also look at guitar hero as it's a great game especially when the kid has friends round. As he is likely to do now holidays are here.