MythBusters experiment goes wrong

fire_storm

Anyone know what the myth was that they were attempting to bust? I'm just curious, I've never heard of any myths involving cannons, but I don't know anything about cannons either. :lol:

I think they said they were testing how well a cannon ball would go through certain types of material.

I think they said they were testing how well a cannon ball would go through certain types of material.

Myth busted! LOL

Glad no one got hurt. That would have been quite a terrifying experience.

Supposedly I've read that the episode will still air so we'll at least know what they were doing, but of course they won't have any mention of the "misfire".

This firing range would have had to be pretty close to that neighborhood for that to have happened and I'm quite confused as to why it was!

the myth was if other things could be used as cannonballs, and what happened is the cannonball hit the target, bounced off, flew 700 yards, went through a house, hit someones door, hit someones roof, went across a 4 lane highway, and then landed in someones minivan

Anyone know what the myth was that they were attempting to bust? I'm just curious, I've never heard of any myths involving cannons, but I don't know anything about cannons either. :lol:

Clearly you've never seen the tree cannon, the Archimedes steam cannon, the cannon from Star Trek, the air cannon, or the pirate cannon myths on the show. :P:lol:

I've seen this circulating for the past week or so...it's pretty awesome -- wish it were my house with the battle wound. lol. How awesome would it be to say mythbusters broke my house? haha. I'm sure they got a nice fund to patch that...

I agree it's good to see no one was hurt. :cheers:

Clearly you've never seen the tree cannon, the Archimedes steam cannon, the cannon from Star Trek, the air cannon, or the pirate cannon myths on the show. :P:lol:

You forgot the cheese cannon!!!!!!