ASUS Z68!

hi m new here...can some one help me with 2 things? foremost mobo, which one shud i go for!! Asus P8Z68 V-PRO or ASUS MAXIMUS 4 EXTREME Z68?

and secnd can any one tell me about psu for which i shud go, 1000watt psu under/equal 200$ silent..i intend to place 2 gpus....max! thnx for help:)

If it must be asus then p8z68-v gen3

But more details, budget, support for gpu and other cards ect

Edit: what 2 GPUs? Because when talking 1000watt you are really looking at tri or quad gpu set ups.

Edited by Stonerboy779

well to b honest i dint dig up gpus yet :D n money isnt constraint here!!! most prbly gtx 560 or 70.......n what about 1000watt psu ? i read sum reviews n i prsnly liked nzxt hale 90 .....unfortunatly amazon is out of stock now!!!:( so under 200$ a gud psu equal to nzxt hale90 ? n abut mobo i guss i dun have the options of gene in saudi arabia!! i can get either pro or deluxe or v...not even maximus 4 ....so its kind of hard for me to find tht one n yea ill upgrade ma system mst prbly one more gpu....

rig.......cpu: corei7 2600k

mobo: not yet decided

ram: corsair 16gb vngns

psu: mst prbly nzxt hale 90 1000watt (cause in near future ill upgrade rig)

gpus: gtx 560 or 70 (at first 2 thn 3)

casing: nzxt phantom

cpu cooling: nzxt havik 140...

Edited by therki

Just get the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. If you don't know why you'd be using the extra features of the other motherboards, then you don't need it. Gen3 PCIE lanes are another gimmick for you to pay extra for something that isn't out, yet, and when it does, may prove useless for the next 3 or 4 years.

Just get the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro. If you don't know why you'd be using the extra features of the other motherboards, then you don't need it. Gen3 PCIE lanes are another gimmick for you to pay extra for something that isn't out, yet, and when it does, may prove useless for the next 3 or 4 years.

What do you mean useless?

Do you get the $30 - $40 worth of benefits out of PCIE3.0 lanes, yet? Useless. Until there are video card(s) that saturate a single PCIE2.0 x8 lane, it's useless. A single GTX 580 can't saturate a PCIE2.0 x8 lane (a HD 6990 will just barely saturate it), so unless they can make a card 150% faster, you don't need PCIE3.0. Aside from GTX 580's typically going for $500+ new when released, if such a card does come out in 2012, it will be priced at $650+ just because of the performance increase, thus having to pay premium just to utilize those lanes.

Useless.

hmm fanx ..this wud b my new rig ...if i wont complete this one i knw for nxt cuple of years i wont b able to build :D its now or never....i was going for x58 chipst rampage 3 formula, i bought this board back in january, but thn i got bizi in my papers thn moved to saudi arabia thn stuk in bizniz...dint get a chance to build!!! now my tht board is usles cause new tech came if i wait for ivy i knw by thn sumthin new will come in market...so this proces goz on n on!!!:D ill probbly go for p8z68 v-pro or deluxe....i think these r readily avilble here!!:Di persnly like ROG its just looks n sum other features....wht wud u ppl say comparing rog maximus 4 z68 n v n deluxe?

The Maximus is a high end board and if you do not meed all the PCI slots, all the Sata 6G and USB3.0 it is a waste of $. To explain 16x vs 8x it has to do with the bandwith. If your using only 2 cards, 1 x 16x and 1 x 8x have essentially the same performance as 2 x 16x slots so anything above is a waste of $ unless you want to add more hardware that utilizes these features in the future.

To TJ, why ask if he he will wait for Ivybridge. That is not in his question.

wht wud u ppl say comparing rog maximus 4 z68 n v n deluxe?

If you compare between z68 deluxe & maximum 4 extreme z, then I suggest you the ROG one, if budget isn't a constraint. Otherwise z68 deluxe.

And if you think about good vfm board then nothing can beat z68 v-pro.

Decision is yours. ;)

Edited by d6bmg