Sign in to follow this  
NCC10281982B

Portal Bench on laptop

I have not gamed in a while and my main rig in out of commission indefinitely. Long story. So i thought i'd try a low end game on mynew laptop. I had thoughts of maybe doing some light gaming on this thing if a get adock. This was taken in fraps.

Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg

1803 60000 23 37 30.050

I have played portal on my lenovo v570 medium settings np and have even played the single player of bf3 on it wth low settings. I play Fallout New Vegas alot on here too I think medium settings.

Mine has the intel gfx chip while yours is a quadro which is better for rendering than gaming so maybe your outta luck not sure though

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-NVS-3100M.24738.0.html

theres a site using the mobile graphics (the quaddro) on latops. if you scroll down it has a huge list of game benchmarks. you canuse it to roughly compare based on the statistic of the test laptop

Therefore, it is an entry level graphics card with low 3D performance that should be sufficient for low end games and demanding games in very low detail settings and resolutions. For example the old FEAR ran on a G210M in medium to high details fluently. Still, because of the "business drivers" and the slightly lower clock rate, the gaming performance of the NVS3100M may be worse.

The NVS 3100M supports PureVideo HD (with Video Processor VP4) to decode HD videos in the formats H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP using the GPU. This helps reducing the CPU load and should lead to higher battery runtimes when viewing HD videos.

The chip should also support CUDA and DirectX Compute to access the computing power of the graphics card for general tasks (like encoding a video).

so with a nvidia card without the physx is going to hurt a little. maybe you should try editing your nvidia install and try to install similar drivers that could suit your card more for gaming