Premium's Build

PremiumAcc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to save money and get something like a silverstone or corsair psu instead of the seasonic? Then use the saved money for a larger SSS ie 120gb instead of 90.

Also with the g.skill low profile what's the price of the corsair low profile.

Also I would say 6950 over the 560.

What hdd are you using?

Is it possible to save money and get something like a silverstone or corsair psu instead of the seasonic? Then use the saved money for a larger SSS ie 120gb instead of 90.

Also with the g.skill low profile what's the price of the corsair low profile.

Also I would say 6950 over the 560.

What hdd are you using?

Why Silverstone or Corsair? The Corsair AX series are mainly designed by Seasonic anyways. Is it because they are generally cheaper than Seasonic? If you are suggesting those two because of the price, then I'm good because the Silverstone and Corsair 750W 80Plus Gold PSUs are more expensive (about $20 - $40 more) than what I paid for the Seasonic one.

The G. Skill Sniper was $37. Corsair's low profile is $50 right now on Newegg.

I am leaning more to the 6950 as well, but fear that the green team will have better support for games.

Currently I do not have a HDD purchased or even plan on buying one. I plan on re-using a 300GB HDD from a Dell that died over a decade ago for storage until HDD prices drop back down to its price point prior to the flood in Thailand.

Edited by PremiumAcc

Already paid for the PSU? Don't worry and I was suggesting getting only bronze or silver to save money and those brands because they like seasonic are of great quality.

Nice price for the ram.

And good choice however is it IDE or sata? If IDE dint forget to pick up a converter before building.

Good lookg build :thumbsup:

Already paid for the PSU? Don't worry and I was suggesting getting only bronze or silver to save money and those brands because they like seasonic are of great quality.

Nice price for the ram.

And good choice however is it IDE or sata? If IDE dint forget to pick up a converter before building.

Good lookg build :thumbsup:

Yeah, I got the PSU already because it was a steal at $120. Thanks for the tips. ;) I am not sure if it is IDE or SATA. I haven't looked into that PC in about a decade. I have to crack it open and see when I get my motherboard.

Yeah, I got the PSU already because it was a steal at $120. Thanks for the tips. ;) I am not sure if it is IDE or SATA. I haven't looked into that PC in about a decade. I have to crack it open and see when I get my motherboard.

If it's been a decade ima say probably IDE and sh it yeah it's a steal at $120 nicely done.

If it's been a decade ima say probably IDE and sh it yeah it's a steal at $120 nicely done.

Yeah. Now I am waiting for a steal on the mobo, cpu, and gpu now. Hopefully, the upcoming release of the 7xxx series will lower the prices on the 6950 significantly.

Edited by PremiumAcc

Looks good, though if your budget allows I would totally go for a 120GB SSD instead of 90GB. With 120GB you would have enough space to hold out long enough till normal HDD prices came down ...just in case the HDD in your old machine is IDE. Also 90GB is kind of a half solution. As quickly as the space goes you are probably going to kick yourself. Save up for a 120 and then be happy with yourself. :P

Looks good, though if your budget allows I would totally go for a 120GB SSD instead of 90GB. With 120GB you would have enough space to hold out long enough till normal HDD prices came down ...just in case the HDD in your old machine is IDE. Also 90GB is kind of a half solution. As quickly as the space goes you are probably going to kick yourself. Save up for a 120 and then be happy with yourself. :P

Gah... I already bought my Corsair Force Series 3 90GB SSD. I am trying to let it go locally so I can buy a synchronous SSD. And will I really need a 120GB SSD? Because I do not use a lot of storage space, I have been running on a 300GB HDD laptop for the past several years and haven't used much of the storage space. And for the SSD, I will probably only use it for the OS, antivirus, microsoft office, adobe, steam, BF3 and maybe CS:GO. Is the performance that much greater than that of a 90GB?

Edit:

I just jumped the gun and bought the MSI Twin Frozr III 1G/OC HD 6950 at $210, since I am skeptical that the prices will drop that much on these cards after the release of the 7xxx series at an MSRP of ~$500. Hopefully it was a good deal for me.

Updated my build, as I have just bought the MSI Twin Frozr III 1G/OC HD 6950 video card and NH-D14 for a grand total of $250. I have color coded my build as well. The green corresponds with the parts that I have already purchased. The orange are the parts I am in the process of getting (have not placed the order yet). And the white are the parts I have yet to get.

Edited by PremiumAcc

IMHO better get the NZXT HAVIK 140 for the cooler instead of the NH-D14 since it allows better ram compatibility (maybe it's just me but I kinda feel uneasy with how the NH-D14 sticks out so much on the windows of the HAF X) Performance wise, I would rate it 8.5/10 if the NH-D14 were 10/10

If you insist on having low profile RAM, I suggest in getting the Corsair Vengeance LP White since as I know it performs a bit better and also tolerates to some OC (unlike the sniper you've chosen in which I presume it's the Sniper SR2 1.25v)

As for the case, I would say that the HAF X is kinda an overkill (at least with my experience) Sure it has tremendous airflow but the size is just to big to fit on my bedroom.. The Carbide 500R I say would be a better choice since it's a bit more compact, has great features (even for WC but I suggest you don't) and also killer looks! (I'm a sucker for white cases :P)

Just MHO.. Cheers :cheers:

Edit: Seems like you've edited you're post when I was writing the above so sorry if it's bugging you or anything

Edited by vandreadstriker