Sign in to follow this  
PremiumAcc

Which video card should I buy?

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which GPU should I buy?

• MSI Radeon HD 6950 R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC
    • MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC

Don't fall for marketing, if PCI-E 3.0 is all yrur're holding out for...buy now because I'm not even sure if even 20% of the new cards will breach the bandwidth limits of PCI-E 2.0.

Until there's authentic benchmarks run between the latest cards (and future upcoming cards) between PCIE2.0 vs PICIE 3.0, having PCIE3.0 means you've spent extra on so far, worthless features.

How many people bought 990FX chipset AM3+ motherboards to get ready for Bulldozer? Exactly.

+1 for the 560. I haven't had much luck with ATI drivers. I have also had more card failures. I have owned Powecolor, XFX and Sapphire branded ATI cards. All 3 of which were RMA'd for one reason or another. I now have an MSI 570 Twin Frozr and it is awesome. I am not an nvidia fan boy but ATI hasn't been good to me. Also have an EVGA 460SE and it runs great too. I haven't had an nvidia card fail on me yet. KNOCK ON WOOD. I do think game developers are nvidia whores which is something to consider.

I have an early model 6950. It has been running great. The driver issues have never been bad for me, they are always fixed a week after something is released, and I don't buy games right away anyway. My 6950 overclocks quite well as well, I can't compare it to a 560 ti though since I never owned one, maybe someone else can provide some insight there.

GTX 560 Ti is best for gaming, on the other hand amd video cards has always drivers problems .

and Nvidia dont??? to be honest.. my brief stint with AMD last year was driver problem free!! i only moved up for performance.. now with nvidia.. useless.. they cant seem to get 3 screens to work.. im so over the problems nvidia have.. id rather go back to amd to be honest.. plus they are far cheaper with only a small knock down in performance..

6950 all the way man.

Don't fall for marketing, if PCI-E 3.0 is all yrur're holding out for...buy now because I'm not even sure if even 20% of the new cards will breach the bandwidth limits of PCI-E 2.0.

I've read and heard the same thing. Most manufacturers have yet to even come close to fully utilizing PCI-E 2.0. I think the PCI-E 3.0s will definitely be faster than the 2.0 cards but its full potential wont be fully unlocked for another few years at the very least.

I've read and heard the same thing. Most manufacturers have yet to even come close to fully utilizing PCI-E 2.0. I think the PCI-E 3.0s will definitely be faster than the 2.0 cards but its full potential wont be fully unlocked for another few years at the very least.

Now that that's been decided, I'd get whichever card is cheaper. You wouldn't be able to distinguish between one over the other if put side by side!

You can go either way, both are really good cards. the 6950 has the edge in performance but is a tid bit more expensive.. BUT, notice that both cards come with free games. the 560 comes with NBA 2k11 (last years game, no idea why they bundled it) and the 6950 comes with DiRT 3 (an amazing game, looks amazing in dx11) . I say get the 6950

Edited by ShallowBay

Both cards are good, indeed. Like others said, the 6950 it's a bit faster than the 560ti.

I'll choose the 6950. (I just ordered an XFX 6950)

I personally didn't find big problems with AMD drivers, and im also running a Crossfire.

Buy whichever one is cheaper. In my opinion, go with the 560 Ti. Nvidia has good driver support and you seem to get better performance across the board with Nvidia than AMD based cards. (I have a HD 5850 and a 560Ti and I like the 560Ti much better for its driver support). JMHO

Buy whichever one is cheaper. In my opinion, go with the 560 Ti. Nvidia has good driver support and you seem to get better performance across the board with Nvidia than AMD based cards. (I have a HD 5850 and a 560Ti and I like the 560Ti much better for its driver support). JMHO

wath drivers ??? a lot of people is complaining about the 285.62 driver . i don't hear anyone complaining about amd driver ( only a few with crosfirex sistems) :dunno:

Unless there's a really good deal on an AMD card, I'd always go NVIDA over AMD at similar price points if for no other reason than CUDA and PhysX support.