ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Z EZ PLUG question

hi guys so i have my asus maximus iv extreme z motherboard and it has this ez plug 4 pin connector my old dfi ut x58 doesnt have this connector ive investigated about it and it says its for extra voltage for cf or sli configurations as i have a hd 6990 do i have to connect the ez plug or is just optional for crossfire and sli

Are you talking about the two additional 4 pin peripheral (molex) connectors on the motherboard?

If you are running a single graphics card you shouldn't need to connect them. If you intend crossfire or SLI in the future then wire them up now to save yourself the trouble in the future. They may also help with stability should you intend overclocking.

Are you talking about the two additional 4 pin peripheral (molex) connectors on the motherboard?

If you are running a single graphics card you shouldn't need to connect them. If you intend crossfire or SLI in the future then wire them up now to save yourself the trouble in the future. They may also help with stability should you intend overclocking.

yep exactly that ones i plan only to overclock the cpu do i have to plug them even though i have only a 6990

yep exactly that ones i plan only to overclock the cpu do i have to plug them even though i have only a 6990

You should be OK without if you stick to a single GPU but I'd advise you to use a 8 pin EPS12V connector and not a 4 pin ATX12V connector for auxilliary processor power especially if overclocking.

You should be OK without if you stick to a single GPU but I'd advise you to use a 8 pin EPS12V connector and not a 4 pin ATX12V connector for auxilliary processor power especially if overclocking.

ok thank you only one question the asus maximus iv extreme has 2 ez plug connectors are they both for dual gpu configurations?