HELP! SYSTEM RESTORE FAILURE!

SpeedCrazy

Hey Guys,

I have a biggggg problem. WD sent my hdd back so i set up my raid array(thanks to Waco and Merc) and installed windows. Instal worked perfectly but upon reboot i was told my array had degraded and one drive had failed. Same drive i just recieved back from WD. So i oulled it back out intending to restore back onto my other single drive and then discovered comodo backup won't restore from an external drive. It wants online, ftp network or internal drive. It cant restore from the drive its resotring so i am stuck. Any ideas?

I need access to those files.

a very upset and frustrated Speed

EDIT: I just tried a network restore with the only other windows pc in the house and it rejects known correct passwords....

I am so MAD!!!!!!!!

Edited by SpeedCrazy

can you take the external out of its case?

id make a winpe bootdisk on a usb stick and try to recover it thatway, so you aren't using the target drive as the os drive

is it certain files or a whole backup your trying to restore? theres a whole slew of recovery programs if its just some files

Hey Guys,

I have a biggggg problem. WD sent my hdd back so i set up my raid array(thanks to Waco and Merc) and installed windows. Instal worked perfectly but upon reboot i was told my array had degraded and one drive had failed. Same drive i just recieved back from WD. So i oulled it back out intending to restore back onto my other single drive and then discovered comodo backup won't restore from an external drive. It wants online, ftp network or internal drive. It cant restore from the drive its resotring so i am stuck. Any ideas?

I need access to those files.

a very upset and frustrated Speed

EDIT: I just tried a network restore with the only other windows pc in the house and it rejects known correct passwords....

I am so MAD!!!!!!!!

What kind of RAID you uses ?

If RAID 0 than recovery data will be very expensive.

can you take the external out of its case?

id make a winpe bootdisk on a usb stick and try to recover it thatway, so you aren't using the target drive as the os drive

is it certain files or a whole backup your trying to restore? theres a whole slew of recovery programs if its just some files

Nope cant take the external out, atleast not without breaking something.

winpe bootdisk?

Its a whole backup, its a .cbu file.

@BLACK, its RAID1, or was. By restore back i meant i was going to setup a raid array then copy my backup onto it.

Nope cant take the external out, atleast not without breaking something.

winpe bootdisk?

Its a whole backup, its a .cbu file.

@BLACK, its RAID1, or was. By restore back i meant i was going to setup a raid array then copy my backup onto it.

winpe is a tiny windows thats loaded from a CD if USB isnt around. loads into memory like a linux usb stick

so you can operate on things without using hdd's

is the .cbu a commodo backup file? if it is a program specific file thats corrupted your going to have alot more trouble getting it back without the support of the main program.

you can always try to boot up (winpe/usb method ) and using a general recovery tool try to recover the .cbu (if its like that im assuming its like a .iso, everything inside the structure of the main .cbu file?) then try to recover it once you can get commodo to recognize it.

id even try to integrate comodo on a bootable usb/cd and give that a shot. if the data is important nothing isn't worth trying once

I am so MAD!!!!!!!!

Make sure you log onto the remote share with the remote machine's login and password. This is how I re-image my machine when I break things.