need advice, new ram

k , so a friend of mine wants to buy new memory for his new pc and , he want to buy something like:

1- G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR3-1600 Quad-Kit (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL, RipjawsX-Serie)

2- GeIL DIMM 16 GB DDR3-1600(1700) Kit (GEC316GB1600C9QC, Enhance Corsa)

3- Kingston HyperX DIMM 16 GB DDR3-1600 Quad-Kit (KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX, XMP)

any help on: who of this kits is the best ?

thanks !!!

First time posting. Seems kinda hard to find any reviews on these quad channel memory. I did saw a roundup comparing Corsair Vengeance 1866 quad channel memory though and it seems to be quite good. They were able to push it to 2133. Here's the review.

you answered it for me with the timings. the fact he will really push all 16gb is doubtful

the timings are all similar, but the lowest timings (dependant on the price) is the way to go

unless the g.skill is way more expensive (those timings dont justify much of a price difference)

I spend a lot of my time working with heatsinks. I have two sets of Ripjaws, but when I bought my third set of RAM I went with low profile sticks. With low profile, you never have to worry about clearance.

With low Voltage RAM you don't need big RAM heatsinks.

The RAM heatsinks are just marketing. You get the same quality whether the heatsink is low or high. Look at the timings and the Voltage, consider the price. Then make your choice.

Why 16G. It is overkill and does not improve performnce at all.

Now this is an excellent point. The various pieces I have seen tell us that more than 6GB is wasted . . . unless you're going to manipulate big/reallybig images.