MercuryDoun

Really OCC?

I am less concerned with OCC reporting the review than I am with a hardware review site reviewing this movie. Wonder if there is anything going on at Tweaktown that we should know?

Twilight is actually quite educational. I never learned as much about Mormonism than from anywhere else.

From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/24/mormon-influence-imagery_n_623487.html

The "Twilight" novels and film franchise have religious associations, too--but most of them come from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons).

-- Mormon believe angels are resurrected beings of flesh and bone. The most familiar is Moroni, who stands high atop Mormon temples, trumpet in hand. The Book of Mormon says Moroni was a fifth-century prophet who visited founder Joseph Smith in 1823. Smith described Moroni as radiating light and "glorious beyond description."

Bella describes her vampire boyfriend Edward as an angel whom she can't imagine "any more glorious." Edward's skin sparkles in the sunlight, and he visits Bella's bedroom at night. But Mormon angels don't have wings; in the "Twilight" film, Edward sits in the science lab, the outstretched wings of a stuffed white owl just over his shoulders.

(Angela Aleiss teaches film and religion at University of California, Los Angeles.)

TweakTown regularly reviews Blu-ray movies which we include in the Miscellany section. There is no ninja skill involved, it is simply a posting review from one of our affiliates.

:withstupid: Exactly what he said. :)

of course its from tweaktown, if we went through OCC members personal dvd library i don't think the content could be reviewed and posted here lol :rolleyes:

all we would have is a ton of thread topics that sound like an english meat-style sandwhich

TweakTown regularly reviews Blu-ray movies which we include in the Miscellany section. There is no ninja skill involved, it is simply a posting review from one of our affiliates.

:withstupid: Exactly what he said. :)

Oh i know its normal for blu-ray reviews from tweaktown and that you link them out of some mutual respect or agreement. But i just think its funny that a review for Twilight on this website woot.gif

No harm no fowl... i just thought it was an excellent time for sarcasm and easy twilight bashing! hi.gif

hey if you think about it.... and stretch your imagination a bit, vampires and werewolves are like the overclocked machines. Regular humans are unclocked PCs and vampires/werewolves are overclocked PCs :P:P

So what's stock? :P Wasn't Twilight aimed at girls since the majority of films being produced were aimed at boys?

So what's stock? :P Wasn't Twilight aimed at girls since the majority of films being produced were aimed at boys?

im sure theres a large male fanbase

kiss2.gif

If you are a hetero male and enjoy the twilight movies just cut your own nads off and feed them to the fish.

Stop trying to cover it up, I'm sure there's secretly a Twilight section in the staff section where all of you debate on whether Team Edward or Team Jacob would win against the Cubs :P.

Stop trying to cover it up, I'm sure there's secretly a Twilight section in the staff section where all of you debate on whether Team Edward or Team Jacob would win against the Cubs :P.

ohsnap.gif