Blacklight Retribution

Samursus

I got into the Blacklight Retribution Beta and was looking forward to some FPS fun; especially since Battlelog was kinda being a dick.

I was disappointed to see it was a poor MW rip-off. I gather this will be a F2P title, so I guess it'll be nice for some, but I can't see anything here. Anyone else have any opinions?

I got selected to participate but their website doesn't quite support Opera so I had a hard time getting to the download. Then I found out it was some sort of crappy steam-like client which couldn't even download the game on my PC so already there were a bunch of stuff that were going wrong. At that point I uninstalled everything and played something else. This is obviously not going to be anything worth the time. I'm more excited about getting picked for the DOTA 2 beta.

Its pretty much CoD stylized gameplay + more customizations + a time duration wallhack (rechargeable). If you like CoD, then try it out. If you don't, then you're not missing anything.

There are mechs this time though. If you want a chance to get into the beta, all you have to do is sign up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2We3w7ow4gk#!

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yes, it'll be F2P....how do you sign up for beta and not know anything about the game? :blink:

Honestly? I don't remember applying for this beta... I just got the email... I think I am on some sort of mailing list for them.

Honestly? I don't remember applying for this beta... I just got the email... I think I am on some sort of mailing list for them.

It's a Perfect World game, so you probably have an account from their several other games, which are all F2P (thus why I was surprised you wouldn't know simply by that).

Also, Perfect World has a few of its games on Steam, so wouldn't be surprised if this eventually comes on there after release.