i7 2600K @ 4.8 GHz + 4870X2 Quadfire

Waco

However what's up with your ram speeds, dimms 1 and 4 are slower than 2 and 3

2 of the sticks are older and have different SPD timings and for some reason report as DDR3-1333 instead of 1600. The XMP profile for all 4 sticks is the same though. :cheers:

Waco, is 4.8GHz as high as you're able to go? Or are you just keeping your temps and/or voltages below a certain range?

It was my 40 minute OC with the voltage at 1.375. I'll push it further when i have more time to play with it.

4870's, hmmmmm. ancient cards 2 generations old and counting..... I would think AMD's latest platform would be optimized for 6970's along with the drivers.....

Edited by Drdeath

4870's, hmmmmm. ancient cards 2 generations old and counting..... I would think AMD's latest platform would be optimized for 6970's along with the drivers.....

:lol: You would think that...but I haven't seen anything that backs that thought up. I would imagine any optimizations in their drivers geared to Bulldozer would benefit all cards since they all essentially use the same codepaths though.

Not to mention these 2 (essentially 3) generation old cards slap the crap out of most newer setups. :D They're just hot and inefficient. :lol:

Your def. gonna need more than 1.4v to get 4.9 and above.

Yeah. I just don't really know the safe limits of the chip and I don't want to kill it a year down the road because I was running the voltage too high. There were an awful lot of reports of dead SB chips when they were first released because people were pumping 1.5+ volts through them.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Intel would replace it regardless. I'd be happier running a higher voltage if they said it was safe though. :lol:

Edited by Waco

Yeah. They are not the core I7 900 series or the socket 775 duos and quads considering durability. I just sold the 920 I had beaten to death in the past. Hopefully the sandy bridge e does not have a glass jaw compaired to the chip Waco has.

Hot and inefficient you say Waco.... what about NY gtx480s. Lol

Lol, I honestly don't even care, I have my chip set for 1.41v on the core and LLC set to Level 7 putting it right around 1.46-1.47 when at 100%. As long as the chip lasts until IB, I'm gonna beat the hell out of it. teehee.gif