syncing iPad in reverse

Crawlerz246

my dad has an iPad and some things on it (pics, movies, music, whatnot) and he had it all syncing on his PC. the PC died (or rather one of its hard drives) and now he has a untouched virgin fresh OS on it. he wants to get the stuff that's already on the iPad back on his PC. can it be done?

he told me to research it cuz he doesn't have any time (the company he worked at folded and he's scrambling frantically right now)

This happened to me, you have to wipe the device out to get it to sync. You may have to call apple to see what they can do. I use copytrans because you can sync on any computer with out wiping it.

This happened to me, you have to wipe the device out to get it to sync. You may have to call apple to see what they can do. I use copytrans because you can sync on any computer with out wiping it.

is it possible without wiping? cuz that's his goal

No, Apple does this you can't transfer files(i.e copy music illegally) between computers using your apple device. So to solve this they make you wipe it out. Although they don't take into account when this happens like in your situation. Becasue that doesn't happen on a mac. :glare:

Edited by Black6464

No, Apple does this you can't transfer files(i.e copy music illegally) between computers using your apple device.

I understand why they did it of course but it's pretty damn intrusive.

btw the story has a happy ending - I used copytrans photo to take 1100 photos and videos from the iPad and didn't even have to erase it all to do it! worked out nicely. the apps and other stuff can be lost, that doesn't matter.

I understand why they did it of course but it's pretty damn intrusive.

btw the story has a happy ending - I used copytrans photo to take 1100 photos and videos from the iPad and didn't even have to erase it all to do it! worked out nicely. the apps and other stuff can be lost, that doesn't matter.

Glad you got it solved, Copytrans is great. :cheers:

Edited by Black6464

yes it is there are third party utilities out there that do this...

I just had to deal with this with a customer. You can recover your data. There are plenty of 3rd party utilities out there...

yes it is there are third party utilities out there that do this...

I just had to deal with this with a customer. You can recover your data. There are plenty of 3rd party utilities out there...

He did just use copytrans.....