Sign in to follow this  
The Fubarbarian

Decent gaming sound card for use with a headset

Not looking for anything fancy or expensive but for a sound card that will take the audio's load off the cpu while giving me good sound through a mid-range headset. At most I'd like some stereo to Surround Sound emulation. Could any of you offer some suggestions?

Xonar DG? should live up to spec got a on board headphone amp as well.. can be had for less than £25 these days dunno about US as i live in the uk

erm need a pci slot to use it through

Xonar DG? should live up to spec got a on board headphone amp as well.. can be had for less than £25 these days dunno about US as i live in the uk

erm need a pci slot to use it through

The Xonar seems like a perfect fit, thanks!

Gonna be using Turtle Beach X11's on it. Nothing fancy.

I have some turtle Beach X11 with the digital input thing. It is a really nice headset. Tho i think the bass response on them could be a bit better for the price they are getting for them.

I have some turtle Beach X11 with the digital input thing. It is a really nice headset. Tho i think the bass response on them could be a bit better for the price they are getting for them.

Yeah I've had the X-11's for a year now, it's a solid set. I also have the DSS or "digital input thing" but is currently and somewhat perma attached to my xbox. I totally agree with the bass response on the X-11's. They make the DSS's bass boost pretty pointless.

I am in the market for a second headset so I don't have to keep moving the spiders web of cords every time I switch between comp and Xbox. I'll look at the Corsair set you mentioned Angel.

Did I mention OCC rocks?

Edited by The Fubarbarian