Sign in to follow this  
Omerta101

ATI 6870 OC with BF3

Okay so I tried putting my core clock at 965, it worked but not really a change in performance for BF3(Ultra), so I switch it up to 1000 and all of a sudden the game shuts down and I get this message "The display driver has stopped working and has recovered" what does this mean :O?!?

That usually mean you have an unstable overclock. Any time you occ something and you don't see an improvement it means that you have reached unstable ground with the correct clock you are attempting to run. Usually this can be resolved by either lowering the overclck or upping the voltage core.

Increase your clocks in steps of 10 MHz if you want to find your max clock. Stress test your settings and look for artifacts or whether if it's unstable. Continue increasing your clock until the stress test fails. Then you can move on to increasing your GPU voltage by increments of 0.01v (Not recommended if you are risk averse. :P)

Try to stress it using DX11 games that use tesselation, so that it can stress all the units inside the GPU.

Or a benchmark such as uengine heaven or futuremarks 3dmark11.

Hopefully I haven't broken anything lol BF3 keeps crashing all the time now! I'm going to give it a test again though.

If bf3 is crashing try clearing out the shader cache and see if that helps. You may have corrupt or invalid shaders from the overclocking.