Sign in to follow this  
tbris84

$500 spending spree

TLDR: I got some of my Christmas bonus a month early and I'm looking at picking up a new case and doing some watercooling. Advice?

Case I'm looking at is the Corsair 800D.

Also looking at the Corsair H80 and H70 Core watercooling kits.

What would you do with this $500?

I don't really play many graphics intensive games. SWTOR, Civ5, MW3. And they all run fine at max/near max settings. If anything I would just CF another 6870.

Because I want a new case? Any suggestions on cases or are we going to debate why I want a new case now? lol

The cable management of the 800D is amazing, I haven't seen any cases that even compare in that regard. I'd hate to drop 260$ on a case, but if there are no other comparable options I don't mind.

Nope, never used it, yet, though I've been tempted. If you're going for custom watercooling, it's a great case to get.

If you're not going to spend a lot on custom watercooling, or going with pre-built kits, then you can find great cases in the $50 - $100 range.

The Corsair cases are nice but I really love my Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow. Amazing cable management, great construction quality, heller cooling out of the box and looks sexy! cheers.gif

As for the cooling I chose the H2O 630 over the double width coolers. With a push/pull setup I have a solid overclock on a 2500K to 4.2Ghz with no extra voltage and great cooling numbers with very quiet operation.

I know that the Corsair 650D is great, as seen from my review - the 800D is a little bit older but even more spacious!

The cases I'm looking at seem to have USB 3.0 front ports, which is awesome...but I don't believe my motherboard has the capabilities for it. Looking at the 800D and the Level 10 GT cases, they have the USB 3.0 header connector that my motherboard doesn't have a port for. Should I return this P67A-G43 now while I can and get a pricer motherboard with this port? This is one thing I didn't take into consideration when I bought this motherboard.