I came home today and my new laptop was sitting in the hallway, lol...

potatochobit

not just my laptop, there was a whole stack of boxes near my door

The apartment hallways are completely gated and enclosed, The UPS guy has to go through the apartment office to get inside

for the last two years he basically just leaves stuff in the office and never notifies anyone - it is basically a guessing game to when he delivers as he usually comes 5mins right before the office closes at 6PM and just dumps things in there.

but today he decided to leave my laptop in the hall on the ground where everyone who lives in the complex is going to pass by to get to the parking garage

I know this happens to most people with their laptops, I just find it amusing that today is the day he decides to change his mind and do a door delivery even though I didnt sign anything

anyway, how do I legitimately download a copy of windows 7 Home?

I heard microsoft put the discs online but that was a few years ago

I only have a copies of windows 7 pro, and I dont want all this bloatware on the computer and prefer to do a fresh install

I can use the key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop, right? I just need to find a windows 7 home disc?

not just my laptop, there was a whole stack of boxes near my door

The apartment hallways are completely gated and enclosed, The UPS guy has to go through the apartment office to get inside

for the last two years he basically just leaves stuff in the office and never notifies anyone - it is basically a guessing game to when he delivers as he usually comes 5mins right before the office closes at 6PM and just dumps things in there.

but today he decided to leave my laptop in the hall on the ground where everyone who lives in the complex is going to pass by to get to the parking garage

I know this happens to most people with their laptops, I just find it amusing that today is the day he decides to change his mind and do a door delivery even though I didnt sign anything

anyway, how do I legitimately download a copy of windows 7 Home?

I heard microsoft put the discs online but that was a few years ago

I only have a copies of windows 7 pro, and I dont want all this bloatware on the computer and prefer to do a fresh install

I can use the key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop, right? I just need to find a windows 7 home disc?

Yes, Microsoft condones the downloading of their OS as long as you have a key. I have long since lost my physical disk for windows ultimate and every time I do a re-install, I just grab an .iso file from somewhere on the net. As for where exactly to obtain these .iso files, I can say torrent sites have a good selection but be careful not to download the cracked copies, those are still illegal.

yes everything was in the box

I just find it funny that out of the hundreds of packages he delivers that my laptop is the one he left on the floor

maybe he is delivering too many packages this week and the office is complaining about holding them all

good thing my package that says 'newegg' on the box didnt arrive because that might be tempting, lol

I'll try the download right now Im burning HP recovery discs just in case

if its ups, he doesn't generally care if your box explodes on contact.

we have a big UPS hub here, and even the supervisors would gather in late night "who can kick this box father onto the truck"

may not be like that right now, but gives you a good idea of them lol

i've had TONS of things left in front of my house.

just the other day i wasn't there to recieve mail at my business, i came back to find the maillady (who we wont get into right now) had just placed my mail IN FRONT of my business door, this is on the corner of a intersection

i wasn't that upset, but it sured bothered me when i found out one of the 3 letters was a payment

lmfao, HP recovery discs do not work with SSDs

to be more specific, the HP recovery disc is not a recovery disc but an image of your current hard drive

so it has to be put back on the exact same model hard drive or one that is larger

obviously I dont have a 600GB SSD

what a joke, I been trying to shrink the disc but it only shrinks down to 300GB and I dont want to buy pay software yet

apparently amazon and some other places allow for windows7 iso downloads, I guess alot of people been needing it and complaining

they must have HP laptops

if its ups, he doesn't generally care if your box explodes on contact.

we have a big UPS hub here, and even the supervisors would gather in late night "who can kick this box father onto the truck"

I live in Minnesota and I would say that UPS has been very careful with all of my packages. However the guy who delivers to my current address always seems pissed off when he shows up but all of my packages have been emaculent from ups. USPS has not done great for me nor has Fedex.

What actually pisses me off is that if I'm not home UPS refuses to drop off my package at my door. I have asked the driver if he could just put smaller packages in my charcoal grill (it's a better idea than it sounds) and he just told me "Leaving a Package here is like asking me to fire myself if it gets taken". :glare: The bad part is the UPS facility is across town and is either not open or they have no idea where my package is. The Fedex and usps guys just leave crap leaning on my door outside my walk multiplex style appartment... it never gets stolen but one of my neighbors is one of those felon looking people with shifty eyes. he looks like this :ph34r: but with more prison tats.

I'm not sure where i was going with this...

You can't just get a retail copy of Windows and use it with your key though, that won't work. Either you buy a legit copy of Windows 7 alone, or you'll have to do "something else" to do the same type of thing.

That is, unless you want to go ahead and get rid of the bloatware the old fashioned way. :popcorn:

Edited by Locutus

You can't just get a retail copy of Windows and use it with your key though, that won't work. Either you buy a legit copy of Windows 7 alone, or you'll have to do "something else" to do the same type of thing.

That is, unless you want to go ahead and get rid of the bloatware the old fashioned way. :popcorn:

Exactly, if it is a system manufacture licence you will not be able to use a retail windows disk.

Check the restore partition too, some manufactures have the os image on the partition.

I live in Minnesota and I would say that UPS has been very careful with all of my packages. However the guy who delivers to my current address always seems pissed off when he shows up but all of my packages have been emaculent from ups. USPS has not done great for me nor has Fedex.

What actually pisses me off is that if I'm not home UPS refuses to drop off my package at my door. I have asked the driver if he could just put smaller packages in my charcoal grill (it's a better idea than it sounds) and he just told me "Leaving a Package here is like asking me to fire myself if it gets taken". :glare: The bad part is the UPS facility is across town and is either not open or they have no idea where my package is. The Fedex and usps guys just leave crap leaning on my door outside my walk multiplex style appartment... it never gets stolen but one of my neighbors is one of those felon looking people with shifty eyes. he looks like this :ph34r: but with more prison tats.

I'm not sure where i was going with this...

:withstupid:

UPS handles majority of my packages and most of it arrives in pretty good condition. Our UPS guy is always friendly and usually just leaves packages on our front step, regardless of whether we're home or not. We live in a slightly more rural area though, and most of our neighbors are pretty nice, even the ones that aren't probably wouldn't steal a package.