Post your Keyboards!

El_Capitan

I think placing a review was a fine way of informing people. That's probably the first thing anyone looks at when doing research on a product, they check out the reviews on a site they trust or the site they're searching for any item on. It is the most effective way to spread that information.

Honestly I agree with you that it's kind of dishonest for them to review it if they don't own it, however I believe the good outweighs the bad here. Their goal was to help out their fellow man by informing them about the item in the most effective way. Also, they don't bash Corsair in the review, they aren't trying to make anyone look bad. In fact they even say that they think it's probably a good board and should it get a revision where it's fully mechanical, they would buy it, I think that shows that this person still likes Corsair and doesn't hold this against them.

I just think you're being a little too harsh on that reviewer is all, kind of making them sound like a bad guy when they're just trying to help.

As for why it matters, I think it's just a matter of honesty, consumers don't like to be lied to about stuff you know? I'm not call Corsair a liar with that but just that if someone did buy this board expecting it to be fully mechanical and found out otherwise when they received it, I think they might be pretty upset with Corsair. Several of the guys on here could probably agree with that I think, I'm always seeing some of them talking about how they simply can't stand using a standard keyboard after going mechanical.

That's part of the reason I think it's important for this to be marketed properly, because even if it doesn't seem like a big deal to you or me, it could be a big deal to someone else. Another reason I think it's important for this to be marketed properly is because I think it can damage Corsair's reputation a little bit and personally I don't want to see that happen because they really do make quality stuff and I think they take care of their customers.

Also, some people use a lot of the keys that aren't mechanical on this board, for example the F5 key, lots of people use that to refresh pages. Another example could be people that record a lot of videos trough fraps, maybe they have their record mapped to one of those dome keys, I know I do but I don't record much, but some folks do.

I have to say though, there is something that bothers me about the explanation that Corsair gives. Has anyone here ever been typing out a message and had their fingers wander up to the "F" keys? I've never really heard of that before, it seems like you would just need massive hands or abnormally long fingers for that sort of thing to happen. Granted, I'm not a touch typist but all the touch typists I've ever known were really good at typing and typically didn't miss their keys, and even when they did, it was only by one key, like they might hit G instead of F. That's mostly speculation on my part I suppose but it's just something I've never heard of until now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have not heard of anyone pressing the F keys by mistake, but I have heard of people hitting the Macro keys by mistake all the time. The discussion could have started there and ended up with, "well what are other keys that don't necessarily need to be mechanical?" I'm just guessing on that though.

Like I said - I agree on the marketing.

Its not so much why people care or not it is the over reacation to it. Not one single person that is complaining about this has even used the keyboard ...so they can't say whether it is a good design decision or a bad one. They are simply basing the reaction on what they think. Remember this keyboard isn't even released yet - Releases Dec 9. So no one lost any money here. Almost two months in advance Corsair released a blog post detailing how the keyboard is made. They posted a picture of the keyboard without the keycaps so people could see exactly what they would be buying. They updated their product listing on their website and included another pic in the FAQ section. I'm sorry but they are not hiding anything here. There is no conspiracy theory here. The information was up in plenty of time prior to release.

Anyone thinking of spending $130 on a keyboard should be doing simple research and simple research will get them the information. If people base their buying decisions solely on an Amazon product description they don't deserve pity. In America we have this bad habit of blaming everyone else for our bad decisions, so you can call me harsh all you want but I don't subscribe to that belief. If you, I or someone else didn't spend a little extra time before making a purchasing decision, that's on us. Many product descriptions have very little info and most (if not all) leave out key information so basing your decision simply on a product description is almost always a certain trip to buyers remorse canyon. For example see how many monitors you can find that list BTWTB response time. That is the response time that matters, it sure as hell isn't GTG ...which damn near every monitor advertises. Why? Because it makes their monitor look better than what it really is. A 5ms(GTG) monitor may have a better BTWTB response time than a 2ms(GTG) monitor ...and many do, and sometimes by a large margin! That is why third party reviews are so important.

In regards to the Amazon review (or any review) - you should not review any product you don't own or have at least used in person. That is just common courtesy to your fellow buyers. That would be like me making reviews on all the games based on what I read on this forum. Sure I could provide some useful information I gleaned from some posts. My intentions may be pure,.. or I can make them sound pure. Though would my fellow gamers appreciate this?

You know what, believe whatever you want but that review isn't a real review no matter how much you try to imply it is. That person makes it 110% clear that it's not a real review, it's simply there to provide information. If you take it the wrong way, that's on you, not them.

As for the rest of people you're talking about, the over reactions, I don't know about those, I didn't check the forums. To me it simply looks like you're over reacting to their over reacting. There's always going to be someone out there that makes a big deal out of something little, you either choose to take their opinion with a grain of salt or not.

You know what, believe whatever you want but that review isn't a real review no matter how much you try to imply it is. That person makes it 110% clear that it's not a real review, it's simply there to provide information. If you take it the wrong way, that's on you, not them.

As for the rest of people you're talking about, the over reactions, I don't know about those, I didn't check the forums. To me it simply looks like you're over reacting to their over reacting. There's always going to be someone out there that makes a big deal out of something little, you either choose to take their opinion with a grain of salt or not.

You are reading too much into my posts. I am merely providing an opinion. :)

nasty_keyboard.jpg

That's one method of keeping people away from your PC. :teehee:

Currently I have:

Logitech G11

Logitech G15

Logitech G15 v2

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Saitek Eclipse II

Saitek Cyborg V7

... Not really getting the hang of mechanical keyboards, since I mostly game :D

Switching between the Cyborg V7 and the G15(v1) on daily basis, since I can't really decide which one I like better! :P

The G15 is almost what I would call a "classic" with its great features, while the Cyborg has supprisingly good build quality, and the touch panel is very good as well. I was a bit worried it would feel very cheap when I bought it but it's one of the best keyboards I've ever used.

Whats a good mechanical blue led lit keyboard? Has to not suck for gaming and I don't care about macros or usb ports or head phone jacks. Media controls would be nice but I can live without them.

Whats a good mechanical blue led lit keyboard? Has to not suck for gaming and I don't care about macros or usb ports or head phone jacks. Media controls would be nice but I can live without them.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly.